Duplicate Teamviewer IDs after cloning a Debian8 system

Hello everyone,

I created a complete system for our company which I need to supervise with Teamviewer 10.
It is a Debian 8 64 bits with XFCE. For now each clone I did from the master image was good with a unique ID.
But since a few days ago, now all the clone get the same ID than the master.

What I don't understand is that it should be generated with the MacAdress, right? So how can two player get the same ID?

What can I do to generate a new one without, of course, uninstall Teamviewer? 

Regards,

Bruno

Comments

• dwyere
    dwyere Posts: 16 ✭✭

We ended up having this exact same issue, but it was with Windows. We found that if we had TeamViewer installed, and deployed it to another machine, both machines would have the same ID, and things would not work. We found that cloning the machine without TeamViewer and installing it after the fact worked fine.

It's not exactly a solution, but that is what we ended up doing in a similar scenario. Good luck!

--
    I am not associated with TeamViewer in any way, and all comments are strictly my personal views and opinions.
  • ChristianCay
    ChristianCay Posts: 182 [Former Staff]

Hi brunopourtier,

We do not recommend to clone machines with TeamViewer installed.

Please try the following command to create a new ID on the clone:

sudo teamviewer daemon stop
    sudo rm -rf /opt/teamviewer8/config/global.conf
    sudo teamviewer daemon start

Hope that solution works for you.

Best regards,

Christian

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
  • ChristianCay
    ChristianCay Posts: 182 [Former Staff]

Hi dwyere,

Thanks for your post!

If it's a cloned ID Windows issue. We ask that you submit a ticket to our support team to assist further.

You can submit a ticket here https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/contact/submit-a-ticket/

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.