Headless TeamViewer setup on CentOS 7 (/dev/fb0 missing)?

ylluminate
ylluminate Posts: 9 ✭✭

Running CentOS 7 on a VPS. Would like to run `teamviewer setup` in order to set up headless operation. When I attempt to run it I'm getting:

"The framebuffer console seems to be unavailable or has the wrong format. Please make sure that /dev/fb0 is accessible and it is configured to 32-bit depth."

What's the proper method to set up the framebuffer driver in CentOS 7 in such a situation so that we can run TeamViewer?

Best Answer

Answers

• ylluminate

The more I dig into this, the more convoluted things are appearing. Not getting a straight answer on which way to go here with other sources.  I'm not finding a precompiled kernel for CentOS 7 and so it is starting to look like we're going to have to unfortunately compile our own kernels here.  Just not a real desirable option for reproduction and simple support as I think TeamViewer is going after...

• ylluminate

So I decided to jump ship on the default provisioned Linode kernel and went to the CentOS 7 default kernel. `/dev/fb0` became available right off the bat, but we still get the same resultant output when attempting setup:

$teamviewer setup

The framebuffer console seems to be unavailable or has the wrong format. Please make sure that /dev/fb0 is accessible and it is configured to 32-bit depth.