TAR package: checklib does not check for QtQuickControls

DanielStm
DanielStm Posts: 224 Staff member 🤠

As this topic came up a few times recently, a quick explanation here:

tv-setup checklibs currently fails to detect missing QtQuickControls. This is because it only checks for shared libraries, (.so) files, but QtQuickControls is a collection of QML files and has to be checked in a different way. If checklibs says all dependencies are satisfied, but TeamViewer still fails to start, make sure QtQuickControls are installed, too.

EDIT: We have released an update with checks. Please have a look: [Update: 13.1.3026] Spring Update

All the best,
Daniel

Linux Developer

Comments

• Royi
    Royi Posts: 10

@DanielStm,

I downloaded the latest TeamViewer for Linux in TAR form (teamviewer_13.0.9865_amd64.tar.xz).

O extracted the TAR into a folder in my Home folder.
    I followed https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-install-TeamViewer-on-my-Linux-distribution/ta-p/4351 and wanted to run TeamViewer with no installation (I don't want any background process to run unless I launch TeamViewer - Similar to Portable TeamViewer in Windows).

On Terminal I go to /home/UserHome/teamviewer/tv_bin/script.
    I run bash teamviewer (As just running teamviewer won't work) and this is what I get:

Init...
    CheckCPU: SSE2 support: yes
    Checking setup...
    Launching TeamViewer ...
    Starting network process (no daemon)
    Network process already started (or error)
    Launching TeamViewer GUI ...

Yet nothing happens.

Any idea?

My objective - Running TeamViewer in "Portable" mode.
    Namely no installation, no background processes, etc...

Thank You.

• Royi

Hello,

I'm using Linux Mint 18.3 (Latest updates).

I downloaded the latest TAR available (teamviewer_13.0.9865_amd64.tar.xz).
    I extracted it into my Home folder.
    I went to the TeamViewer folder and ran ./tv-setup checklibs which yielded:

Analyzing dependencies ...            

All dependencies seem to be satisfied!

Which is great.
    Then I ran ./teamviewer which yielded:

Init...
    CheckCPU: SSE2 support: yes
    Checking setup...
    Launching TeamViewer ...
    Starting network process (no daemon)
    Network process started (11872)
    Launching TeamViewer GUI ...

I waited for more than 10 minutes and nothing happened.

Any idea?

• Royi

Hi,

How do I install QtQuickControls?
    By the way, could you create a real portable version which includes all dependency needed?

Thank You.

• Royi

Any updates on this?

Could the next version bee delf contained and include all necessary dependencies?

Thank You.

• DanielStm

@Royi, today we have released an update. Please have a look: [Update: 13.1.3026] Spring Update

As the TAR package does not target a specific distribution, there is also not generic way to explain how to install QtQuickControls. "qt quick controls package <distroname>" should get you started on your favourite search enginge.

A self-contained package is something we consider, but it will not happen soon.

Best regards,
    Daniel

Linux Developer
  • I've encountered exactly the same problem as the OP here on Arch Linux. I'm not sure how it is working / not working on other distributions but on Arch Linux the packages qt-quickcontrols and qt5-quickcontrols5 provide pretty much only qml files. There are to .so files provided with them as well which are located at /usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls.2/libqtquickcontrols2plugin.so

I tried to link these .so files to /usr/lib and that didn't help either.

• Royi

@DanielStm,

I really hope you will deliver self contained package sooner than later.
    It will solve most issues of installtion.

Thank You.

• DanielStm

@doronbehar, yes, indeed, mostly .qml files, still important.
    Now that you mention Arch, did you know there are Arch packages? (scroll down)

In the AUR package discussions it seems like quite a few Arch users do not use a desktop manager. If you are one of them, have a look here: running without display manager.

Regards,
    Daniel

Linux Developer
  • HYKwok
    HYKwok Posts: 3 ✭✭

How does Teamveiwer check the QtQuick controls?

I am sure all QML files have been installed but "tv-setup checklibs" reports "QtQuickControls is missing".

Actually, Teamviwer 13.0 works in my Linux system but Teamviewer 13.1 doesn't.

And in my case, after Teamviews 13.1 is started, the GUI dialog is shown but menu and buttons are misssing. In the "GUI.log" file, many error message messages "qrc: TypeError: cannot get property" can be found.

Qt version is 5.10.1 is installed in my Linux system.