Teamviewer on Linux

Hello,

A lot of my acquaintances are using Teamviewer on their Windows PC. I am personally using Linux (with Xorg) and I want to be able to gain remote control of their computer.

Teamviewer 12 seems not available anymore, so I've installed Teamviewer 13. Don't really sure what it means, but it is listed as "Preview" on the website.

However, despite the fact that the dependancies are satisfied, I cannot get to launch the client :

vt@luga ~/teamviewer% ./tv-setup checklibs

-=- TeamViewer tar.xz check -=-

In order to use the tar.xz version of TeamViewer,
you have to make sure that the necessary libraries are installed.

Writing raw output to /home/vt/teamviewer/logfiles/DependencyCheck.log

Analyzing dependencies ...

All dependencies seem to be satisfied!

vt@luga ~/teamviewer% ./teamviewer

Init...
CheckCPU: SSE2 support: yes
Checking setup...
Launching TeamViewer ...
Starting network process (no daemon)
Network process already started (or error)
Launching TeamViewer GUI ...
20/01 18:34 vt@luga ~/teamviewer%

I don't think that I need a deamon (as I'm not planning to allow someone to take remote control over my computer using TeamViewer) running. 

Also, I've googled around, I've found that the Tech Support once replied :

« TeamViewer relies on session info to be made available to the daemon. The desktop manager (lightdm) is involved in this. TeamViewer needs this information to allow connecting to the login screen (lightdm) and then transfer to the actual user session. »

It is true that I don't use any DM, I am starting i3 right from xinitrc. However, as I'm not using the server (login screen and user session is logically only needed when sharing screen, not when viewing someone's else one) this doesn't applies to me. 

Could you help me in making the Linux client-only to work ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments