"not owned by you"

I just moved a VM to another HDD.

Teamviewer worked fine before, now I get error messages telling me that(translated from German, see below)

"chmod: Setting rights for ...(path), not allowed

mkdir: Directory ... can't be created

wine: (path) is not owned by you

Does someone have an idea what I can do?

This is a server instance, so no GUI.

Thank you very much!

UbuntuTV12.jpg

Best Answers

Answers

• DanielStm
    DanielStm Posts: 224 Staff member 🤠

I'm uncertain how you intend to use TeamViewer. If you are using the headless mode, you never need to run "teamviewer" directly. This attemps to start the graphical user interface, which is not possible if you have "no GUI", as you state.

In that case, you would just need the commands listed by "teamviewer help". As you supposedly run "teamviewer setup" before, there's not really anything you need to do. Get the ID with "info", set a new password with "passwd" or try to restart the daemon if you think there's something wrong: "teamviewer daemon restart".

By the way, if by "moved to another HDD" you mean a different machine: you should not do that. Always install it fresh. You can attempt to fix the access problems by deleting the mentioned folders, (.config/teamviewer and .local/share/teamviewer). They should be recreated.

Linux Developer
  • This helps at least a bit.

After moving the VMs I had to authorize each one with Teamviewer, again.

And so I thought I had to run TV on the shell to start that process.

If I try to access the ID "info" returns, I can enter a password which seems to be wrong but probably only because the client is not yet authorized.

Is there a way to start this from the shell or shall I remove the remove the folders, un-install TV and re-install it again?

Thank you very much for your help!