Audio problems with mac

gusaguero
gusaguero Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

HI folks.

I´m using team viewer on my Imac.

Everithiing is working fine, but if I´m listening music, and open a team viewer session, suddenly the Imac audio desapears and the music is mute . 

When I finished the session, the volume returns.

Why ? 

thanks and regards

Best Answer

Answers

• dmciver
    dmciver Posts: 1

Just opened a ticket with support for this as well -- not sure how long I've had this problem, only now getting back to where I can work with itunes and remote support (been at customer sites for many weeks).

My guess is it's a recent osX update -- I'm on 10.12.5 and TeamViewer 12.0.78517 -- both are most current, no updates available.

It's very frustrating to hop off the remote session and have my music blaring.... then hop on and it's almost muted :-)

• jebucha
    jebucha Posts: 1

Good to know, I've done a "killall coreaudiod" which restores my Mac audio to normal, but then Teamviewer crashes.

• i just instaled teamviwer and i have 2 macs and they dont shaire audio 

• Scotty
    Scotty Posts: 493 Staff member 🤠

Hi nicv1990

Thanks for posting.

This thread is for the audio issues for VoIP and connecting to Windows from a Mac.

Unfortunately, your issue is not a bug but expected behaviour. It is not currently a feature to hear the audio of a remote MacOS system during a remote control system, this is exclusive to windows due the the way the system captures the audio not being possible on MacOS.

This is currently in as a feature request though.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
    Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?