Can't get past the how to connect on Android tablet

Options
avalon65
avalon65 Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

I want my android tablet to be able to send files to my Linux laptop.

I have installed Teamviewer on my Linux Mint laptop, and on my Android tablet I have installed  Teamviewer Host, Teamviewer, Teamviewer Remote and Teamviewer QuickSupport.

I opened up Teamviewer Host on the tablet, and assigned it after creating a free account. The problem I have is that once I have assigned the tablet, nothing else happens, and the 'How to connect this device' window just stays there. I have also installed Teamviewer Host on myandroid phone and the same thing has happened.

I have connected to the tablet from the linux laptop, but the connection opened up a TV QuickSupport window for typing messages.. I want to connect from the Linux laptop to the android tablet, but I can't get to the id or password in the Host

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠
    Options

Hi avalon65,

Thank you for the post.

Point 1 : You have to use the remote control app if you want to transfer files between the Linux computer and the Android device. You have a special area in the app for file transfer.

Point 2 : Which Android device are you using? We have to make sure that we support your device. Normally you have to assign the Host module to your account, sign in on the computer and contact list and connect to it via a double click. You do not need the ID and a password for a connection to Android host module. Do you see the device in your computer and contact list?

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.