Connection bug when disconnect during connecting process.

Options
Cakemasher
Cakemasher Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

I could'nt find any contact options for this, so I might aswell post a topic here.

I've been using TeamViewer to connect to my personal computer when I'm not at home. Very usefull! But unfortunally I'm running into connection issues from time to time.

When I connect to my device from another location, everything is working great. However, when my internet disconnects while I'm in the process of connecting and / or authorizing to my device, it becomes stuck. Eventually I have to restart the client on my laptop, but also on my personal computer. Now thats kind of an issue, as I'm using TeamViewer for remote access as I'm not fysically near the computer to restart the client. This results in me being unable to use TeamViewer to connect to my personal computer due to me not being able to restart the client on my computer.

I'm not sure how to reproduce the steps, but it happens to me a couple of times now. The issue occures when the internet connection of my laptop (the device I'm trying to connect from) disconnects while connecting or authorizing to my personal computer (the device I'm trying to connect to).

When the issue occures, and I restart both clients, the issue resolves. When I restart the client on my laptop and press on the 'Connect' button while the status is 'Ready for connection', it changes to 'Connecting...' and after a while it returns back to 'Ready for connection' (note that I've translated the status messages from my own language, to english. They might not be translated 100% correct).

Am I maybe doing something wrong, or is this in fact a bug?

Thanks in advance!

Edit:
The client on the personal computer has the status 'Receiving connection...' which never changes unless the client itself is restarted.