Highlighted
Posted by MrTiredofwait
Photon

Definition of "a while"

Hello.

I am trying to get a connection to an android device to work.

Suddenlty I get the following message:

"You established and aborted connections too frequently. Please wait for a while before the next connection"

How long is "a while" ?

Oxford dictionary states "A period of time." (https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/while)

Wikipedia says "[...] "an amount of time" or "some duration" [...] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/While)

This definition of a timeframe for waiting is ill-chosen as it does not communicate how long one REALLY has to wait.

How long is "a while"? How long do i have to wait to be able to try the connection again? In minutes or seconds?

And is there any way i can disable this "feature"?

(Please do not suggest the use of a nerver version of Teamviewer. Upgrading is not in the table.)

Thanks in advance!
Yours,
Mr. Tiredofwaiting

1 Reply
1 Reply
Posted by Moderator Moderator

Re: Definition of "a while"

Hi @MrTiredofwait 

I really want to thank you for your great post. 

Prospective customers who inquire about the security of TeamViewer regularly ask about encryption.

Understandably, the risk that a third party could monitor the connection or that the TeamViewer access data is being tapped is feared most.

However, the reality is that rather primitive attacks are often the most dangerous ones. In the context of computer security, a brute-force attack is a trial-and-error-method to guess a password that is protecting a resource.

With the growing computing power of standard computers, the time needed for guessing long passwords has been increasingly reduced. As a defense against brute-force attacks, TeamViewer exponentially increases the latency between connection attempts.

I recommend you to restart the TeamViewer service.

-Execute "run", type "services.msc" and press OK

-Now find TeamViewer, and restart it by doing a right click.

Then, restart the TeamViewer application. It should work again.

Please make sure to use the right connection passwords before you try to connect.

If you have any further questions on this, please do not hesitate to contact us again. 

Have a great day and all the best, 
Natascha