Disable new user interface through TeamViewer_Settings.reg

Options
DamianV
DamianV Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know of a way that I can disable the new interface by using the TeamViewer_Settings.reg file when deploying my teamviewer to users by means of the MSI file?

Changing the "Use new user interface" setting under general and then exporting the settings to a registry file does not include it.

I have noticed that Teamviewer adds a dword entry called "UseNewUI" with the value of 0 to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\TeamViewer if you disable it manually, I have tried adding this manually to various locations in the registry settings file and then running my MSI installation making sure it used my registry file, but it has no effect.

I really don't want to have to modify the registry with a script or GPO and would really like to be able to use the TeamViewer_Settings.reg file.

Regards

Damian

Comments

• JotKa
    JotKa Posts: 2
    Options

Hi Damian,

we had the same issue. We found out, that exporting a disabled UseNewUI to the configuration file does not work.

I tried to fix the problem and was also not very succesful. Neverthelesse my findings:

If you want to configure it per user you have to add the dword(32bit) to the [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\TeamViewer] key.

If you want to configure it for all users per default you have to add the dword(32bit) to the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TeamViewer\DefaultSettings] key. On a 64-bit system the key will be stored in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TeamViewer\DefaultSettings] .

In both cases after opening the settings in the Teamviewer application,  and restarting the Teamviewer it works for me.

I tried a lot playing with the registry. I also tried to restart the teamviewer service or kill the process and restart it. Nothing led to a success.

It seems like the application is not loading the UseNewUI Setting form the config registry during the installation. It seems that it is only being loaded when the options menu is opened and closed again.

We called the Support Hotline and opened a ticket for that issue.

• IT-Zert
    IT-Zert Posts: 1
    Options

Hi JotKa,

we got the same issue with the Version 13.2.36220.

Did you get a fix from TeamViewer after opening a Ticket?

Greetings and thank you for your answer

• JotKa
    JotKa Posts: 2
    Options

Hi IT-Zert,

Unfortunately I have not. Besides I left the company where I had this issue a few month later and don't know how it continued. Sorry.

Best regards