Disabling Remote Input by policy

Options
bsims0918
bsims0918 Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi all,

Just checking to see if there's a way to disable remote input by policy?  We recently laid off a few remote workers, and one of them kept logging into his machine.  I saw it come up and I would remote in, but he could close the session or block remote control even though I had some policies set.  Is there any way to block remote control by policy as soon as the connection is established?

Comments

• Katharina
    Katharina Posts: 135 [Former Staff]
    Options

Hi bsims0918, 

Thank you for your post!

If you wish to prevent former employees from accessing your machines, I would recommend using a whitelist. Once you assign the whitelist to a machine, only users who are on that list will be able to connect to it. Nobody else will be able to establish a remote connection, not even if they know the ID and password.

The whitelist can be deployed very easily via the settings policies in the Management Console. That way, you can level up the security of your devices with minimum effort.

If you have a company profile, you will not even have to add all the individual user accounts to the whitelist. Instead, you can simply insert the name of that profile in the whitelist: this will add any users in your profile to the whitelist.

Whenever a user leaves the company, you can deactivate their account in the User management tab in the Management Console, which will automatically remove them from your company whitelist as well. Moreover, they would no longer be able to sign in to their accounts and use your licence without your knowledge.

I hope this was helpful! 

All the best, 

Katharina