Issue since upgrading to v13

Options
Brobafett21
Brobafett21 Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

I've done some searching and can't seem to find anyone else with these issues. I'm on Win 10 and the latest version of TeamViewer (13.1.3629) and these issues did not occur until I upgraded to v13. I would much prefer to stay on v12 but then I can't connect to any of the machines in my organization that are already on v13.

1. Whenever I click the Communication button on the top banner, it "dims" whatever audio I have playing in the background. If it's my music, I can pause it for a couple seconds and then resume and it returns to normal, but if I don't pause it, it will stay "dimmed" for a long period of time. I can not find anything regarding this is the settings anywhere. Very annoying.

2. When I start a chat with the remote machine, the first few letters I type in my chat window are fine. After a few letters, all the text I typed becomes very bold and then if I have to backspace to fix something I typed, the text does not go away and then the new text I type appears on top of the old text making it impossible to read. I would include a screenshot but when I try to attach it, I get this error, "Uploading TVchat.jpg resulted in the following error: Permission Denied".

3. I loved how the TeamViewer window(s) worked in v12 where I could close the large one (that contained Your ID/Password and Partner ID etc) and just keep a nice narrow window with only the list of all the computers in our organization. I always have a lot of windows open so screen real estate is very scarce. Now in v13 they merged the 2 TeamViewer windows together and now the narrowest it can be is more then double what it use to be, so it covers the windows I have next to it. So now I have to constantly click back and forth so the TeamViewer window doesn't cover them. v12 had all the buttons for chat, attachments, file transfer, remote control (prompt for password), remote control (using password) presentation, and video call all nested away in a nice neat little arrow that expanded the menu when needed but now these rarely used buttons have an entire permanent column to themselves that can't be shrunk or minimized and hogs a bunch more of the screen space. Horrible design choice in my opinion. If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it. Seems like this was just changed for the sake of change and a new look that serves no purpose and wasn't needed.

4. Recent Connections doesn't seem to work correctly as sometimes the computer I was just connected to appears in the Recent Connections list and sometimes it does not. Appears to be random which ones do and which ones don't.