Posted by old_nic
Electron

No connection to TeamViewer server

This morning none of my computers will connect to the Teamviewer Server, even though I have a public IP address which I can ping. The same IP address worked on the system yesterday and I can conect to the internet and to the Teamviewer website (obviously!!).

Windows 8.1/10, Teamviewer 12, no proxy, VDSL2 connection. Windows Firewall and standard Talktalk firewall on  a Huaweii HG633 Talktalk branded modem. Only antivirus is Windows Defender.

8 Replies
Posted by old_nic
Electron

Re: No connection to TeamViewer server

And I cannot ping any of the Teamviewer servers e.g.178.77.120.6 etc No ports are blocked and there have not been any firewall changes (unless my ISP has changed something remote).

Posted by DripLeBuk
Photon

Same for me on multiple laptops.  My ISP is TalkTalk in UK and I use Norton Security.  You?

Posted by NickB
Trigon

Same problem for me, it started late yesterday evening - multiple laptops, Andoird phone and Android tablet.  I'm also on TalkTalk in the UK.

Posted by jpeg1966
Henagon

Same for me as well, 3 laptops and one desktop machine, cannot connect to Teamviewer, I also use Talktalk, but use the fibre connection and a Draytec Router. Tried to ping the Teamviewer server as weel and get no reply. 

Posted by jpeg1966
Henagon

Just tried another test by trying to connect using a web browser to master1.teamviewer.com. and the page cannot be reached

Posted by Tikkasal
Electron

They tweeted yesterday to say they were doing maintenance over night. I have just replied to see if it has caused problems as I can't connect either

Posted by jpeg1966
Henagon

The issue appears to be with the ISP as a number of Talktalk customers are reporting the same issue, and if you go to the Talktalk community thread https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Teamviewer/m-p/2022815#M665262

you will see that Talktalk are aware of the issue.  

Posted by jpeg1966
Henagon