No desktop shortcut on silent MSI installations

SIR
SIR Posts: 24 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello Teamviewer Community,

Is there a command line parameter to avoid the creation of a desktop shortcut for the Teamviewer 12 MSI package ?  (Ex: "NODESKTOPSHORTCUT"=1)

I looked the MSI package with Orca but i didn't find the entry line for the desktop shortcut...

Thanks for your help !

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Mabilode
    Mabilode Posts: 4 ✭✭

We are Upgrading soon, it would be a really good improvement from the Teamviewer 11 package. Also if there could be a way to remove the first login pop up from the MSI.

Right now we have a custom MST for the MSI to import the Reg settings + block the first login popup from an active setup registry config and then we remove the shortcut with a .bat.

• dcairns
    dcairns Posts: 6 ✭✭

Any news on this one ? What is the msi switch to remove the desktop shortcut? 

Thanks 

Diego

• Hibiki
    Hibiki Posts: 1

Any update on this feature?

We are about to deploy the TV Host in the organization and I would avoit du use a cleanup script to delete unwanted shortcuts on the desktop.

Regards.

• dcairns
    dcairns Posts: 6 ✭✭

I run this when I deploy it with MDM: 

cmd.exe /c "del "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\TeamViewer 12 Host.lnk" /f /q"

hope this helps. 

d

• Do you mind generalizing your script for installation and the deletion of the TV icon.

When I run my script, it runs the del script but TV hasn't finished installing, so it states could not find the shortcut.
    Jason Crockett
    IT Systems Engineer
    Intrepid Potash
  • Mabilode
    Mabilode Posts: 4 ✭✭

So Everyone,

this Post is Solved, so I don't know why people are still posting here.

teamviewer host is now a full fledge MSI, and not an MSI Wrapper for an exe so no need for a second command to delete the shortcut. It's posted at the Top.

Here is My command Line

msiexec /i TeamViewer_Host.msi DESKTOPSHORTCUTS=0 CUSTOMCONFIGID=YOURIDHERE IMPORTREGFILE=1 /qb /l*v C:\Temp\TeamViewer_TeamViewerHost_13.2.5287.log

if i can help anyone,

BTW it not documented but the old way of renaming the MSI with -IDC %ID% does not work now. you need the CUSTOMCONFIGID=

Regards,

• I don't see any indication this was closed. I apologize for asking a question in a solved post. However, what you provided was what I needed.
    Jason Crockett
    IT Systems Engineer
    Intrepid Potash
  • audymaccop
    audymaccop Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited October 2021

@SIR wrote:

Hello Teamviewer Community,

Is there a command line parameter to avoid the creation of a desktop shortcut for the Teamviewer 12 MSI package ?  (Ex: "NODESKTOPSHORTCUT"=1)

I looked the MSI package with Orca but i didn't find the entry line for the desktop shortcut  

Thanks for your help !

I've put your demand as new element demand to our rundown. Be that as it may, I can't guarantee you if or when this element will be executed.

• We are Upgrading soon, it would be a really good improvement from the Teamviewer 11 package. Also if there could be a way to remove the first login pop up from the MSI.

• firshare
    firshare Posts: 1
    edited October 2021

Do you mind generalizing your script for installation and the deletion of the TV icon.

• suknavid
    suknavid Posts: 1

you can create a shortcut manually then drag it to desktop