Highlighted
Posted by Bear
Henagon

No sound from remote computer

I'm not sure why but I have no sound from my mac mini to my pc.

What can be done?

23 Replies
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by Senior Moderator Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Solution

Re: No sound from remote computer

Hi Bear

Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately, remote sound is not possible from Mac OS. You can only hear the remote sound from a remote side if the computer you are connecting to is Windows OS.

This is currently in as a feature request for other operating systems including Mac OS but unfortunately there are technical limitations on this that make this difficult to implement.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
23 Replies
Senior Moderator
Solution

Hi Bear

Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately, remote sound is not possible from Mac OS. You can only hear the remote sound from a remote side if the computer you are connecting to is Windows OS.

This is currently in as a feature request for other operating systems including Mac OS but unfortunately there are technical limitations on this that make this difficult to implement.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Did my reply answer your question? Why not accept it as a solution to help others?
Posted by MarcusHedges
Photon

Is there any update on this? In desperate need of remote access with sound for my Mac

Senior Moderator

Hi MarcusHedges,

Unfortunately, as I mentioned there are technical restrictions that make this difficult.

As far as I know, this is not on the roadmap at the moment and is not in development.
Windows is the only OS that has remote sound.

Sorry for the disappointment.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Posted by gendalf
Henagon

Hi,

I am connected to my home PC (Win10) from work PC (Win10) and I have no sound from home PC, but I am experiencing this problem for only 5-6 weeks, in March 2018 everything was just fine.Teamviewer 13.1.3629 is on both PCs, remote sound is enabled. Is there anything else I should do to enable the sound?

Thanks a lot, GenDalf

Posted by Teriuwlax
Electron

What if you are connecting mac OS to mac OS?  Then can you get remote sound?

Senior Moderator

Hi @Teriuwlax

No, unfortunately not.

It is not a problem of compatibility between devices, it is not possible for us to record the sound from a Mac. Remote sound is only a feature when connecting to a Windows device.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Posted by Teriuwlax
Electron

Can you do voice over ip conference calls with macs?  If so, shouldn't the microphone pick up the computer's sound?

Senior Moderator

Hi @Teriuwlax

It might? It would sound terrible but it might.
In any case, this isn't really an intended use of that feature.

I mean, you could get a 3.5mm Aux cord, plug it into the headphone jack then back into the microphone jack and start a VoIP call if you really wanted to... but no guarantee that would work as many devices have feedback suppression.

Not to mention that would be really dodgy...

In any case, officially it is not supported by our software sorry.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Posted by Tonygts
Henagon

@Scotty wrote:

It is not a problem of compatibility between devices, it is not possible for us to record the sound from a Mac. Remote sound is only a feature when connecting to a Windows device.

-Scotty

Hi Scotty,

I am connecting from an Android Teamviewer to a remote PC's Windows 10 Teamviewer. 
My Windows 10 Teamviewer version is the latest 14.0.13880 
My Android Teamviewer version is 14.0.68CL

The sound for the connection using Teamviewer ID (Internet) is working without problem.
But, when I used IP (Intranet or LAN) connection, I couldn't  receive any sound from remote pc.

Appreciate any help.

./Tony

Senior Moderator

@Tonygts

Unfortunately, Audio over LAN does not work in any scenario. It only works through connections connected with a TeamViewer ID.

Regards,
Scotty

Senior Moderator
Posted by Tonygts
Henagon

Thanks Scotty. Any plan for implementing audio over lan feature? 

Posted by AudioHelp
Photon

**Third Party Product** Remote Control allows audio, why cant it be done with Teamviewer. I would rather use teamviewer because it is free to connect for personal use anywhere.

Posted by mparker
Henagon

I use a program called loopback 2. It’s a little tricky as I need to VNC to the computer to then unmute the mic in the teamviewer side panel (it’s blocked when accessing through teamviewer) but it allows me to even edit video over my connection with audio in real time!
Posted by Tonygts
Henagon

@mparker,
May I know what is VNC?
Posted by Aeon
Electron

Posted by ChevyNovaLN
Digon

Sounds to me like TeamViewer needs to install a virtual sound device so users have the option to choose that as their audio output instead within Mac OS... and then the TeamViewer service could transmit anything sent through it.   

If nothing else, at least ask users.. upon connecting to Mac OS remote systems whether or not you would like to mute audio on the remote PC.   Scared the **bleep** out of my wife because i left my speakers turned up and when i connected to my Mac remotely and audio played, she was startled.   

Brian.

Posted by harold3212
Digon

you could get a 3.5mm Aux cord, plug it into the headphone jack then back into the microphone jack and start a VoIP call if you really wanted to... but no guarantee that would work as many devices have feedback suppression.

Posted by Maikeru
Electron

This is **bleep**. I went searching for other software after this problem is still not resolved and found **Third Party Product** which is able to stream video and audio from mojave mac to my windows 10 pc with a driver install. It's definitely solvable
Posted by JaseRuggy
Electron

@Scotty 

I'm not a developer by any means, but I've been getting around this issue by using Soundflower. I send my programs audio OUTPUT into Soundflower, then use Soundflower as the mic INPUT on the remote mac (like it's a meeting)

The issue being that I can't start sending the audio from my remote computer, so I've had to resort to using skype as a seperate audio service to go along with the teamviewer visuals.

Senior Moderator

Hi All,

I am aware there are a lot of workarounds.
But put bluntly, this is not currently a feature and it is not currently on the roadmap.

Feel free to add a request to our ideas board.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Posted by mparker
Henagon

Well Scotty, thanks for those words of wisdom. I guess we will have to find better alternatives that don’t charge us out the **bleep** for a sub-par product. I don’t believe the people here are asking for anything crazy. To be able to easily turn on remote sound without needing to VNC in apart from teamviewer is all we would need to resolve all of these issues.
Senior Moderator

Hi mparker,

Thanks for posting.

I understand your frustration, but this was never a feature that we offered sorry.You can add this to our ideas board, but I cannot simply implement this feature for you.

Remote sound is only available to Windows devices and this is the way it was designed.
I am sorry for any inconvenience.

-Scotty

Senior Moderator
Posted by Evan123456
Photon

No Remote Computer Sounds

While using the free version of TeamViewer, I am unable to hear the sounds from the computer I am remotely connected to. Software on both computers is up to date, and the option to "Play computer sounds and music" has been selected on both computers. Both computers are iMacs. One is running Mojave, while the other is running High Sierra.

Is there something I need to do in the computer's audio settings, such as selecting an output source, in order for this to work? Is this feature not available in the free version?