Prevent Updating

Options
datatainment
datatainment Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

Why the **bleep** is it possible to update the personalized hosts on the clients systems?

I'm not willing to buy every version just because the customer thinks he has to click on "update now"! 

When the customized host is running a 11-licence it should not - under any curcumstances - allow an update to a new major release! 

Comments

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭
    Options

I see what you mean.

You can prevent automatic updates in the local settings and in the management policies, but a user can still manually check for new versions.

With host version 11 installed, automatic updates off, I was still able to check for an update. I wasn't prompted, but I wasn't stopped either.

Update Available.png

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
  • cypressmark
    Options

It's their Business Model

I do believe when you purchase something and want the life of the product to be 5 years there should be a way to block this behavior on the admin level other than via windows.  There are alot of companies that would want to block this that do not have clients on AD

@ChrisDeChefwrote:

In my opinion thats definitely NOT ok. There's no option to disable this "major update function" completely and so some **bleep** user might update the custom host module and I can't access his machine anymore...

TeamViewer that's definitely something you should change!

• SEB_03
    SEB_03 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

not user do update.

crazy TV itself updates itself everytime win10 does an updaten even its completely deactivated on the local machines.

• ATGTexas
    ATGTexas Posts: 1
    edited August 2022
    Options

We've been slowly migrating away from Team Viewer since the company decided to do away with Licensing. We're a small company and we need to get the most out of our dollars. [removed per Community Guidelines]

Team Viewer says it will continue to support 11 until no other operating system will support Team Viewer. It's in their contract, but I disbelieve Team Viewer. They've deprecated all versions up to 11. Team Viewer needs to offer a small business license again. But once we've migrated, there's no point in going back. Migrations are costly.