Slower Connection

Options
mscola
mscola Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

I have a feeling that ever since I installed Teamviewer 12 the connection is slower; more lagging. Furthermore, I noticed that I sometimes need to double-blick on applications or buttons to actually open them (instead of once). Once the application is running (like Word for example), I can type and everything is almost in real time.

On my home computer, the connection is 1 Gbp/s up and down and on my other computer the connection speed is 30 / 10 Mbps. 

I have had this problem for almost a week. Has anyone else experienced any change in speed with Teamviewer 12?

Comments

• CareerUp
    CareerUp Posts: 1
    Options

Yes

With Version 11 doing data transfer, the speed was up to the full bandwidth available (20/20 Mbps), but with version 12 there is wild variance in teh upload & download speeds.

I am considering asking for a refund on version 12.

• MarTre
    MarTre Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

I have a connection to more than 20 countries around the globe. Only a connection to Japan and Thailand is visibly slowing down, but it may be more a problem of the network itself rather than the application.

BTW my location is Poland.

• Sindib
    Sindib Posts: 1
    Options

I confirm having the same problem but I have now narrowed it down to one particular laptop running Windows 10. It doesn't matter whether I try to connect to that laptop remotely or on the same network, from another PC or using the iOS or Android app. The connection to that laptop is dead slow and it takes more than 5 seconds for any input to appear on the remote screen. This all started shortly after updating to TV12 on that machine but I previously never had any issues with it.