Teamviewer Account Assignment

ShaunXVII
ShaunXVII Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello there

We are currently deploying Teamviewer host 13.1.3629 to our clients. We have appended the msi with our Configuration ID and use the Assignment tool to automatically add clients to our corporate account. For nearly a year, this has worked flawlessly until the last few days. We have now started getting the following error:

=> Assignment failed with:
POST-Request 'groups' failed with 500 (API-Error: 'internal_error' (Code 3), Des
cription: 'A group with the same name already exists for this account. Please choose another name.')

Our Teamviewer host installation is set to move new clients into our 'New Added' Group. Any solutions would be very welcome.

Thanks
Shaun

Comments

• We have the same problems with the Assignment. Currently we are using TW version 12. We noticed the problem on last week.

• We are also having the same issue, It started on friday. Same error and same process for us. Has there been any answers to this? 

• Hello there

I have seen a workaround for this. This is what they said:

At this time we currently have a small bug in regards to group assignment. We do however have a workaround which should solve this for you, instead of using the group name parameter you must replace this with --group-id and use the groups id (the group id can be easily found in the Management Console when click on a specific group the last part of the URL - after the last "/" is the group ID)

So i run the assignment now using the following command

TeamViewer_Assignment.exe -apitoken <Config ID> -datafile ${ProgramFiles}\TeamViewer\AssignmentData.json -allowEasyAccess=false -groupID g<Group ID>

Thanks

• Isaurio
    Isaurio Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Worked for me, Thanks. This will do until they fix the bug
  • Sadly this did not work for us. 

• Isaurio
    @josepR Hows your code looks like
    Part of mine looks like this:
    TeamViewer_Assignment.exe -apitoken APIID -datafile "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\AssignmentData.json" -allowEasyAccess=true -wait=10 -verbose -devicealias "${COMPUTERNAME}" -groupID gXXXXXXX
  • This worked for us. Thanks.
  • "D:\Buildouts\3\TeamViewer Setup\TeamViewer_Assignment.exe" -apitoken XXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-datafile "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\AssignmentData.json -groupID gXXXXXXXXX"

• Isaurio
    Not sure if this the full codes but you missing a quote and space. Double check this
    "D:\Buildouts\3\TeamViewer Setup\TeamViewer_Assignment.exe" -apitoken XXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX -datafile "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\AssignmentData.json" -groupID gXXXXXXXXX
  •  "D:\Buildouts\3\TeamViewer Setup\TeamViewer_Assignment.exe" -apitoken xxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -datafile "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\AssignmentData.json" -groupID gxxxxxxxxx

so i fixed the quote, but Not seeing where i'm missing a space, i matched yours up with mine and transfered over the correct ID's and still nothing, It doesn't even run correctly now. i get a instant CP screen and shut down. and yes that's my full code..

• AndyChips
    AndyChips Posts: 8 ✭✭

Using the Group ID worked for us. In fact I just used it in the Host MSI command and that worked perfectly; so it's just a one-liner:

msiexec /i "TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn APITOKEN=XXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXXX CUSTOMCONFIGID=XXXXXXXX ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--grant-easy-access --alias %COMPUTERNAME% --group-id gXXXXXXXXX --reassign" IMPORTREGFILE=1