Posted by amikhel
Henagon

Visual Studio 2017 Black UI Problem

Hi guys, excuse me, is anybody here with this (black user interface) problem with Visual Studio 2017 and SQL Server 2017?

vs2017_black_ui_teamviewer13.PNGvs2017 black ui

6 Replies
6 Replies
Posted by Visual
Photon

Re: Visual Studio 2017 Black UI Problem

For me the UI is all white. It's still working though: pressing at the top right closes VS, pressing F5 builds and starts the project, tooltips sometimes appear briefly. I also sometimes have entire dockable items that are visible, eg the performance tab when running the project.

Firefox is all white also. In the task manager I can see how many tabs there are. Pressing CTRL-T opens a tab (I don't see it in FF but in the task manager), CTRL-F4 closes it.

This all may have to do with GPU acceleration: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1193368

Posted by phiter
Henagon

I found a solution for this problem.

The whole interface was all black, and like Visual said, it can be due to Hardware Acceleration.

The solution wasn't that hard to get:

1. Open Visual Studio, then press ALT to activate the menu bar navigation.
  2. Press T to open Tools. At this point you may be able to see the dropdown menu.
  3. Press O to open Options, or simply navigate with the arrows.
  4. I was able to see the Options window, I believe you will too, then in General, uncheck "Automatically Adjust visual experience based on client performance".
  5. Disable "Use hardware graphics acceleration if available" and press OK.

If everything worked, you might be able to see VS normally.

Sem título.png

Posted by bragyou
Photon

It working!

Thanks.

Posted by JoelMelieste
Photon

This fixed it for me. Thank you for saving me hours of figuring out what was wrong!!

Posted by BBMG74
Photon

Wow! You've saved my day! Thank You very much!
Posted by DongTranHa
Photon

It is working very well.

Thanks