black screen after connection established

Options
denno
denno Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

Mac v13.2.5321

Everything had been working fine but when I connect from computer #1 to #2 all I see is a black screen. Both are running Mac OS 10.13.6. No recent changes to explain this.

Going from #2 to #1 also shows a black screen. Tried rebooting both but that didn't fix it. 

Comments

• Gemstone
    Options

Same issue here. I then tried to resolve the issue by upgrading all installs to the very latest, 13.2.5321 and still a black screen. It happens with a PC to my home Mac or from my MacBook to my home Mac.  If Teamviewer on the home Mac is restarted, I can connect and see the screen properly once but just once. If I disconnect and try to reconnect (from either my PC or my MacBook), I only get to see a black screen. Not very practical needing someone on the remote end to restart Teamviewer after every use..

• ChuckC
    ChuckC Posts: 1
    Options

I "believe" I have resolved my "black screen" problem.  The PC's are a combo of W7 and W10.  All are running v13.  I had the issues on only one machine combo...a W7 desktop connecting to a W7 laptop.  This connection would preiodically fail, and nothing I could do would restore the connection.  Interestingly, the reverse W7 laptop connected to the W7 desktop just fine.  I tried reinstalling v13, and installing v12 on both machines...no joy.

Potential SOLUTION: One of the many threads on this subject suggested that the video display on the remote PC might be the problem.  It them occurred to me that the W7 laptop has both an integrated video chip plus a Navidia video card (for high performance).  Applications can be assigned to run on one or the other video adapter.  I discovered that Teamviewer was not assigned to either video adapter!  So, I assigned it to the integrated adapter, rebooted the machine and now the W7 desktop can connect to the W7 laptop.  Another clue: the Navidia driver was updated three days ago, about the time I recall the "black screen" problem recurring.

ChuckC