downloading and getting 2 versions to connect

VirgiHepner
VirgiHepner Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

2 months ago I had TV version 12 set up on both my computers.  All worked well until this week.  When I tried to connect, TV blocked my connection until I downloaded the current version.  I didn't want to do that because my computer consultant and I had realized that TV 12 and TV 13 were not going to connect with each other.  Therefore we put TV 12 on both computers.  BUT, at TV's insistence, I downloaded TV 14 to this computer.  After that, I had no service whatsoever, including when I tried to get an icon my screen.  My computer showed me that the last TV was installed in 2016, not 2019, implying that TV 14 had not been installed.

Today I tried to uninstall the old version and saw in my list of programs that TV 14 was miraculously there.  At another time, I couldn't download a current TV UNLESS I uninstalled the existing one.  Today it told me NOT to uninstall it if I was going to download again.   

NOW question #1:  I finally have TV 14 on this computer.  But when I try to open it, I get “Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.  You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.”  I’M THE ONLY ONE  HERE, I DOWNLOADED IT, WHY CAN’T I ACCESS IT????

Question #2:  If you can help me access TV 14 here, will it connect with TV 12 on my partner computer?  Since TV 12 and 13 wouldn’t, I have to assume TV 14 and TV 12 won’t connect either.  Without this connection, I have no way to download TV 14 on my partner computer UNTIL I’M THERE, obviously, at least a month from now. 

Am I never going to be able to establish connection? 

I’ve used TV for years and have had problems, but never like this.  I’ve searched for a replacement and don’t find one.  I need this program.

Can anyone help?

Tagged: