Announcements

Shape the future of your TeamViewer product with our Product Team. Click here to join!

Posted by sic
Henagon

how to import and export computers ?

i need to edit settings all of my more than 100 computers

doing this through aplication is nightmare

how to do export and import setings of my computers?

9 Replies
9 Replies
Posted by Supertramp
Trigon

Re: how to import and export computers ?

Hi @sic

TeamViewer offers multiple integration possibilities with the platform, the most flexible is the one that involves the implementation of a set of APIs developed by them.

Here's a compendium on the features that are out there: what you are looking for is the device manipulation tool with API

Obviously, you need to have knowledge in terms of software development; As a REST web api, the exchange protocol is HTTP so accessible to most programming languages.

Also the Web Management Console (go to www.teamviewer.com -> login -> and log in) can also offer you some opportunities, but probably related only to data export and not massive or automated manipulation.

I hope it's helpful.

Regards

The real programmer does not interpret dreams. Just compile them
Posted by yurokings
Photon

@Supertramp wrote:

Hi @sic

TeamViewer offers multiple integration possibilities with the platform, the most flexible is the one that involves the implementation of a set of APIs developed by them.

Here's a compendium on the features that are out there: what you are looking for is the device manipulation tool with API

Obviously, you need to have knowledge in terms of software development; As a REST web api, the exchange protocol is HTTP so accessible to most programming languages.

Also the Web Management Console (go to www.teamviewer.com -> login -> and log in) can also offer you some opportunities, but probably related only to data export and not massive or automated manipulation.

I hope it's helpful.

Regards

Here
's a compendium on the features that are out there: what you are looking for is the device manipulation tool with API

Thanks for sharing!

I solved my problem, now.

Posted by sic
Henagon

i'm not programmer, this should be as a function in program!

Posted by Jess
Photon

I agree... This should be a part of the program...

Posted by sabrinacona
Photon

I totally agree with you @sic .This should be as a function in program! :manhappy:

Posted by hortywv
Photon

Absolutely this should be a basic function of the software.  You charge big prices for your software.  This is poor functionality for 2017 Version 12 of a product from your company

Posted by TVHost_user
Digon

I too feel that this is a pretty basic feature missing from TV. Deployment and endpoint management are sorely dated and lacking. I only have a few hundred machines under management, I can't imagine how people do it with thousands.
Posted by Xant0
Photon

I agree totally as I have 12 and I am ok with it but they seem to not have anything like exporting and importing and such. I'm starting to look at other remote tools/support software.

I've been with them since 2011 and since there have been a ton of new options since and I hate having to spend an arm/leg to upgrade if I want this or that when it should already be in place.

If anyone has figured out how to export/import the list please post. :)

Thanx

@TVHost_user wrote:
I too feel that this is a pretty basic feature missing from TV. Deployment and endpoint management are sorely dated and lacking. I only have a few hundred machines under management, I can't imagine how people do it with thousands.

Posted by joelrwhite
Henagon

yeah it's amazing how many terrible powershell scripts are out there for querying the teamviewer id's installed on systems.