Announcements

Did you already try the new Windows 10 October 2020 Update?

Share your feedback and experience with TeamViewer on the new Windows build with our developers here.

Highlighted
Posted by
Photon

one more: no sound - "speakers unplugged" on remote W10 PC

Here is my setup:

TV11, remote PC runs W10 build 15063.413 local PC runs W10 build 14393.1358.

The remote PC has an onboard Realtek audio device, but nothing is plugged in - so I'm getting the little red "x" on the remote speaker icon on the taskbar. So far, so expected.

But no matter what I do, TV11 is not able to redirect Windows sound to the remote PC - and I've tried most of the recommended work-arounds in this forum. (including: ensuring computer sounds is enabled, setting voip to "standard audio", force-enabling the "stereo mix" device, etc.)
Reason seems to be:

Remote Windows believes it has no available/functioning audio playback device and therefore any app attempting to play sound quits with the same message: "No playback possible - no audio device found." Note that this is itentional - the remote computer is not supposed to make any local sounds (it is in a busy reception area), so no speakers were provided.

TV does not seem to have it's own "virtual audio" device/driver - so in this case Windows indeed has no playback device to use. So in a way, you could blame this on Windows.

But c'mon Teamviewer... how hard can it be to provide your own playback device driver? That'll work all the time/always? RDP can do it, surely TV should be able?

Or am i missing some other workaround or setting? Alternatively, does anyone know how to force-enable an audio device without speakers plugged in? Or at least how to make W10 ignore whether speakers are plugged in or not?

thanks in advance!

1 Reply
Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Re: one more: no sound - "speakers unplugged" on remote W10 PC

install virtual speaker software on the remote computer for example this

https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/