teamviewer 13, cant activate remote printing

Options
lucifermnm
lucifermnm Posts: 4
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi, having a problem activating remote printing on latest version of teamviewer 13 - both machines running windows 10, both on latest version of teamviewer 13, remote printing driver installed. When I go to "files and extras" and "activate remote printing" I get a window stating "higher teamviewer plan needed as per pic below.

Re_ teamviewer 13, cant activate remote printing.png

Any ideas - was working fine a few days ago - is remote printing no longer available to free users?

Thanks

Comments

• Charliechelseaf
    Options

Exactly same here

• Timbrown27
    Options

Same here, even after updating both ends to latest version...

...would installing older version get it working...?

• Timbrown27
    Options

..no, same with v12!

• lucifermnm
    Options

I was thinking of rolling back to a previous version but if you have tried it and it doesnt work....

We really need some clarification from Teamviewer here.

Is this a bug? Is this feature now not available in the free version?

• Charliechelseaf
    Options

Same problem now with V11 on xp as well

• lucifermnm
    Options

So we now have versions 13, 12 and 11 not being able to activate remote printing.

I am asuming that we are all seeing this issue on the free versions or is this also occuring on paid versions?

Teamviewer - a response would be nice as so far your silence is deafening. 

• lucifermnm
    Options

Ok so  a customer of mine has just called. They have just got off the phone with teamviewer sales and have been told that as of the most recent teamviewer 13 update (the 9th march one) remote printing is a feature of the paid versions of teamviewer ONLY and will not work on the free versions (regardless of which version you use.)

So make of that what you will.

Why someone from teamviewer couldnt have stated this days ago I dont know.

Also wonder why this is not in the patch notes or any documentation that I have been able to find online - a simple page listing what the free version does and does not do would be useful.