Teamviewer 12 Host dialogbox doesnt show up?

Options
natko
natko Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hi,

We used to have Teamviewer on autostart and because of that the issue presented in the title was never recognized. Now that we dont have Teamviewer on autostart anymore we have a problem that the dialogbox that shows the ID number wont show. We practically have to tell the user to doubbleclick on the Teamviewer icon twice...

On the first click, i see that Teamviewer.exe start in task manager but for some reason the dialogbox doesnt show. Is this a bug or is there a way to fix this?

Thank you..

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,051 Former Community Manager
    Options

Hi @natko

Please have a look at this thread: Suppress Login Pop Up?. Maybe the solution helps you as well.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• natko
    Options

Hi,

Thank you for the reply but unfortunately it does not work like i thought it would.

The regvalue "HostInfoDialog" DWORD = "1" makes a dialog appear, but its the dialog that apperas when you have installed Teamviewer and run Teamviewer for the first time. Automatically this is checked to not show again on next start. The only thing we are after is, when you doubbleclick the Teamviewer icon, for it to show a dialogbox with the ID number. Right now the only thing that happens is that Teamviewer.exe starts but then nothing more. For the user to be able to see the ID they have to doubbleclick the icon one more time for the window to show. Why doesnt this window popup on the first start?

I have also tried the regvalue "Autostart_GUI" DWORD = "1" with no luck.

Im talking about this window:
    TeamViewer-Host_1.png

Thank you!

• natko
    Options

Anyone?