"Partner started the internet call. Do you want to unmute your microphone?" dialog box.

Posted by pplaisance
Digon

Re: Unmute microphone Prompt

I am running 12.0.78517 on a Mac Mini and every time I initiate a connection to a remote computer, my Microsoft LifeCam webcam is activated.  Not too pleased with this development.

Highlighted
Posted by CraigAlan
Trigon

Yep that is what I have a LifeCam.  This is very unsettling.

Posted by Mixedlane
Electron

Re: "Partner started the internet call. Do you want to unmute your microphone?" dialog box

This was the solution for me as well.

The requestor version was different (older) than the host. Updated my requestor client and all fixed immediately.

Posted by stfarm
Henagon

Re: "Partner started the internet call. Do you want to unmute your microphone?" dialog box

Mixedlane wrote:

This was the solution for me as well.

The requestor version was different (older) than the host. Updated my requestor client and all fixed immediately.

This did not work for me. Partner is on a mac, I call from windows. As soon as it conects, the skype audio is gone. was fine before. So frustrating!!!

Posted by Chima
Digon

I fail to see how anyone could start an Internet call on an unattended workstation and can only speculate that this is one more manifestation of TeamViewer's cavalier father-knows-best attitude, courtsey of a recent v12 update.

We're clearly beyond silly season, with one more distraction I could do without. And I believe I speak for the vast majority of IT support providers. Just as importantly, it's hard to see the strategic value of this particular distraction.

TeamViewer is best-of-breed, without question. But I pay to maintain a commercial license at considerable expense, which makes it all the more annoying that I have to fend off unwanted popups I haven't explicitly enabled in my configuration. Whatever the intent of this ill-conceived popup might be, it is never okay to use commercial software as a development playground.

Posted by Homer
Henagon

Any solution yet?

Posted by Audacious
Electron

I'm having this problem with a Lenovo PC that doesn't even HAVE a webcam or microphone! All running 12.0.78313.

Posted by Audacious
Electron

Re: RE: Unmute microphone Prompt

I'm having this problem with a Lenovo PC that doesn't even HAVE a webcam or microphone! All running 12.0.78313.

Posted by Heurist
Photon

I have this problem as well. I've looked through all of the settings and there is no way to shut the prompt off!

Posted by Chima
Digon

I'm afraid not.

This popup annoyance appears to have been introduced in v12.0.78313HC and does not occur in the prior version (12.0.77242).

I think it's time to contront TeamViewer Support/Development — planned for Monday, hopefully.

Posted by gemani
Henagon

Just started happening here too, updating to the latest version made no difference. It even happens when connecting to a computer that is running TeamViewer 10 so it must be something at the client end?

Posted by SharonC
Henagon

Updating all the computers on my TV network fixed the problem.

Posted by BlindJester
Henagon

Just updated my client to 12.0.78313 and the message went away. 

That was highly annoying there for a minute.

Posted by cbarnes
Digon

I'm running TV v12.0.78313 on a Windows 10 machine. I get the  "Partner started the internet call. Do you want to unmute your microphone?" dialog box whenever I try to connect to it from my Ubuntu 16.04 laptop which is running TV v12.0.76279 (the newest Linux version).  Interestingly, I don't get it when I remote into my other Linux boxes from my Linux laptop. I think it's time I find another solution for remote access.  I've had good luck with DWService.net before. Not half as robust as Teamviewer but really, how many bells and whistles do I need.

Posted by CraigAlan
Trigon

SharonC wrote:

Updating all the computers on my TV network fixed the problem.

What version are you using?  I appear to be on the most current version that is available and the issue is definitely there.  As a matter of fact, that is the version that it started happening on.

v12.0.78313