Add new contacts to beta 13

Billy-Rey
Billy-Rey Posts: 12
edited May 2023 in General questions

I see no way to add a new contact to Beta 13. How do I add a contact? I can connect, but see no way to save as a new contact.

Thanks

Comments

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

In the Computers and Contacts Menu > Click the "person" drop down menu > Add contactAddContact.png

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
  • Reyhan
    Reyhan Posts: 269 Staff member 🤠

Dear @Chiron

Thank you so much for your help....I love your screenshots. :smileyhappy:
    I like to add the information for the new GUI. 

@Billy-Rey, if you use the new interface, you will find add contact as follows:

2017-11-21 10_32_53-TeamViewer.jpg

Did my reply answer your question? Please accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
    Reyhan
  • No it didn't work. Got to the Add Contact and said cannot find and that was it.

Thanks anyway.

• I had to bring my Linux Mint up to add my contact, but then that was not Beta 13. I can't find any way to Add a Contact with Beta 13.

• Sorry. I don't see a GUI that looks like that. The version I'm running is 13.0.3711.88039 Beta. I tried to drop an image to the post, but the format of this forum is, so antiquated I couldn't.

• Chiron
    Chiron Posts: 229 ✭✭

I'm running 13.0.4393 Preview (Nov 15, 2017) on Windows 10 x64 1703 (15063.674) while logged in to my Computers and Contacts account. This is what is shown in my screenshot.

In Options > General Tab > there is an option to use the new user interface. This is shown in @Reyhan's screenshot.

• Are you running Windows?
    • Have you tried updating TeamViewer? It is a beta version, changes are expected.
    • Are you logged into an account for Computers and Contacts?
    • How have you done this in the past? 

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
  • It is a beta version, changes are expected.
    I realize it's a beta version, but the GUI looks almost to be completely different compared to versions before and still couldn't find anywhere to add a contact.

"there is an option to use the new user interface."
    I was using the new user interface. I hadn't seen that before. I unchecked the preview and TV came up like all of the previous versions. Everything's fine now.
    Thank you