Samsung phone app crashing.

SteveRobinson
SteveRobinson Posts: 6 ✭✭

We use Intune for managing our Android devices and we are deploying around 100 Samsung A3's. We have moved to Teamviewer recently as it integrates with Intune. Using the Quick Support for Samsung App it worked well but now we need to use the updated generic Quick support app it doesn't work. When we open the App it says "Remotely control this device. In order to remotely control this device, please activate Samsung Knox." When I click activate the app crashes. How do we activate Samsung Knox without the app crashing? Why does this app need knox when the old one didn't? Hasn't Knox change to secure folder?

Comments

• AndyBell
    AndyBell Posts: 3 ✭✭

I use Google G-suite work profiles to deploy apps to 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Actives.  The old version of quick support work perfectly, now I can't ge the new version from the Google playstore to work on newly commissioined devices.  Have the same issue as Steve.

• SteveRobinson

Thanks Andy, I'm glad it's not just me. Teamviewer, please re-instate the old app as it worked perfectly and this new app doesn't. We Just switched to Teamviewer partly because of this bit of functionality but as we can't use it to support our phones we might have to look for something that does work. Please FIX IT!

• also have the same issue as Steve. We are using mobileIron to push the new app to all our devices. The samsung devices are haivng the same knox activation message and then crashing. If you install the app via the normal Play Store and then activate knox, it seems to work fine. Please help and sort out asap. 

• I have same issue on Samsung S7, I have no clue on how to activate Knox,
  • DJ81
    DJ81 Posts: 2

Same issue here, we use MobileIron with Android for Work and want to push the teamviewer quicksupport app to our devices. If a user starts the app on his phone the device asks to activate Samsung Knox. If he does so the teamviewer app crashes with this error: QuickSupport stopped. The only choice you have is to send a report or 'OK'.

I hope someone knows how to fix this problem?

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi all,
    Thank you for your contribution.

I talked to our development and they are already aware of the problem and they are working on a solution. Can you help us to provide the following information to our development?

• What MDM do they use?
    • Is QuickSupport only installed in the work profile?

Maybe following workaround might fit for them until the problem is solved:

• If the app is also installed in the personal space, Knox can be activated without crash and this activation will also apply to the app in the work profile.

Thank you for your help - I will keep you updated.

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • SteveRobinson

Hi Julia,

Thank you for responding.

We are using Intune and pushing out QS in the Company Portal so that we can instigate a support session from Intune. (Worked well with QS Samsung app). If we install QS outside of the work profile we can enable Knox without the app crashing. We can then connect to the device using the non-work version. If we try and connect to QS in the work profile we just get a blank screen when on the home screen. All of this worked before the changing of the app and stops us being able to manage the devices from Intune.

Steve

• DJ81
    DJ81 Posts: 2

Hi Julia,

We use MobileIron as our MDM tool and Quicksupport is only installed in the Work Profile. 

Regards,

Dirk

• Hi Julia,

Do you have any updates on this?

thanks for your help. 

• Hi Julia,

We are facuing the exact same issue.

We use Airwatch to deplay the app to the android for work devices.

Yes, the App is only installed in the work profile.

BR

Michael

• AndyBell
    edited January 2023

Would it be possible to get hold of the legacy Quicksupport 12 APK, so I can manually install it on newly commissioned tablets. I'm currently having to use the **Third Party Product** product to get remote support functionality on them. **Third Party Product** might end up being our permanent support solution if a work around or a fix isn't supplied by teamveiw in the very near future.  

Regards

Andrew

• Julia

Hi all,

Thank you for your patience. I ust received the following information from our development:

Unfortunately, this Is a problem within the Samsung API we are inquired to use now. We are in touch with Samsung to find a solution for this. In parallel, we are looking for any workaround.
    We will let you know once there is any update on this topic.

Julia
  • So basically Samsung is forcing you to use Knox? This is unfortuante as Knox is known to have a number of other isssus. I and many others refuse to activate Knox for this reason.

• SteveRobinson

Is there any update on this?

• M_J
    M_J Posts: 1

Any update on this? 

A similar problem also affects tablets that do not have the Knox application installed with an account set up.  When we try to run QuickSupport on a rooted tablet, we get the "In order to remotely control this device, please activate Samsung Knox."  then we tap the Activate button and the dialog spins forever.

Is there any way for you to publish the older version or allow access to the older apk until a fixed version can be released?

• SteveRobinson

Any updates?

The old app worked well. Can you not re-publish the old app until a fix is found for the new app.

• AndyBell

I think they may have put the old app back in the App Store, my tablet rebuilds are pulling it down with the rest of the other apps in their app white list.  All working fine.

• Hi Julia,

Is there an update on this? I have tried all Teamviewer installs from the app store and all are crashing when trying to open Knox.

Please give us an update, it would be very much appreciated.  

• SteveRobinson

Is there an update on this? I Would have hoped it would have been sorted out by now. Has anyone got it working yet?

• hello,  we also use Mobile Iron. On a Device owner device, the QS app works perfectly, however on a Samsung with work profile installed, the app gives the error. 

Is there already a solution? 

Thanks

• tblackerby
    tblackerby Posts: 3 ✭✭

Do you have any current updates on this topic?  We are using Intune MDM and TeamViewer for remote support, but do not intend to implement Knox.  I am unable to prevent the Knox prompt from showing up during a remote support session.

• Julia

Hi all,

We improved our Samsung app - did you already had the time to install the current app and test it again?

Cheers,

Julia