v13 keeps crashing when making a connection to client. How do I roll back to v12?

_andrew_
_andrew_ Posts: 1
edited May 2023 in General questions

What do I need to do to go back to v12 on my machine? I cant work at all and I'm getting smashed to solve some issues in the field.

Thanks

Andrew

Comments

• Uninstall the Beta, install 12 from the main page and within the advanced settings at "Install new versions automatically" choose "Update within this major version".

• Jackinabox
    Jackinabox Posts: 41 Staff member 🤠

Hello Andrew

TeamViewer Version 12 can be downloaded from our website.

www.teamviewer.com >> "Download" >> "Download TeamViewer" button.
    You will need to uninstall TeamViewer 13 before installing version 12.

Hope this helps.

• This is a stable version: 13.1.1548

I rolled back to this version and the crashing went away.  DON'T USE v13.1.3629  It will crash the program when you try to remote other computers and others won't be able to connect to it.  I've tested this on 4 different computers with all the same results.  Hopefully TeamViewer will correct the problem on future releases, but for now, roll back to the stable version but uninstalling the version crashing 13.1.3629 and put 13.1.1548 back on and everything works great again.  I found this version here:

[Link to 3rd part website removed - we recommend to download TeamViewer only from our website - Thanks for your understanding]

Good luck!