Team Viewer Host 13.2.5287 Assigment Problem

KamilB1
KamilB1 Posts: 3
edited May 2023 in General questions

Hello,

I have a problem using newest version of TV Host 13.2.5287.

Old Version of TV  13.1.3629 install very well using customized host with idc and Assigment tool using this script:

msiexec.exe /i TeamViewer_Host-idcXXXXXXX.msi /passive
Regedit.exe /s "path to settings file"\TeamViewer_Settings.reg
cd "path to assigment tool"
TeamViewer_Assignment.exe -apitoken "my api token" -allowEasyAccess=false -datafile "${ProgramFiles(x86)}\TeamViewer\AssignmentData.json" -devicealias "${COMPUTERNAME}"
net stop "TeamViewer 13"
net start "TeamViewer 13"

This script is working excelent and everything is allright. Program is instaling and assign to our account.

Problem is with new version. When i download updated host installers from previously created customization and try install using MDT like program before it  install ok but not creating AssigmentData,json file and can't assign new computer.

I check file creation, idc, api token evgerything is ok because I only change msi file to new version, also create new host cutomization without success.

I test it on few machines virtual machines and physical computers. Still the same problem which i don;t have instaling older version with it file is creating everytime.

Comments

• Julia
    Julia Posts: 290 Staff member 🤠

Hi @KamilB1

Thank you for your post. We made improvements for our mass deployment. You can find an explanation and how it now works here:

https://community.teamviewer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Mass-deployment-improvements/ta-p/39639

Cheers,

Julia
    Senior Support Engineer - 2nd level Support
    Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
    Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button.
  • KamilB1
    KamilB1 Posts: 3

Thanks for a link and help but i have another problem with instalation from network

Im using MDT and want to deploy TV host to all new computers.

I create an app in MDt add everthing and got error 1722 during install

The batch script for install  :

msiexec.exe /i "TeamViewer_Host.msi" /passive /L*E C:\windows\temp\llogfile.log CUSTOMCONFIGID=<My custom config ID>  APITOKEN=<My token> IMPORTREGFILE=1 ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--alias %COMPUTERNAME%"

When I run this from netwrok share or using  MDT got error 1722 but when I try it using yhis command in cmd on local pc everything is ok also when i installing the program without options

CUSTOMCONFIGID=<My custom config ID>  APITOKEN=<My token> IMPORTREGFILE=1 ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--alias %COMPUTERNAME%"

Ok i got it. The problem is with

IMPORTREGFILE=1

Without it the program install excelent without any problem. I try to enable remote registy service do resolve it but without effect.

My only option i scopy reg file and import it using regedit command.

Example

CUSTOMCONFIGID=<My custom config ID>  APITOKEN=<My token> ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--alias %COMPUTERNAME%"
    Copy Teamviewer_settings.reg <location of reg file example C:\windows\temp>
    Regedit.exe /s <location of reg file>TeamViewer_Settings.reg
  • CSDPS
    CSDPS Posts: 4 ✭✭

We are trying to do the same with SCCM 2012. Even with trying to apply the TeamViewer_Settings.reg, settings are not applying. Our systems are all in X64. Di you changed the keys inside the file before importing into regedit? Changes in the settings are not applying.

• RemusP
    RemusP Posts: 1

Hi,

For MDT, i had the same problem with 

IMPORTREGFILE=1

At first we used a script that copy the msi and the regfile to a temp folder in c.

After that i wanted to make it a little bit cleaner and i remember that MDT copyes all script to the local drive anyway. So i created a folder in C:\DeploymentShare\Scripts\TV and copyed my .msi and my .reg file there and pointed the application start in directory to be  %SCRIPTROOT%\TV

Hope it helps anyway elese

• Hi @Julia

Instructions in Mass Deployment page are very clear, however I cannot make it work.

We used to run batch installation program using two step installation: installing host with installer program and then assigning that host to a corporate account with assignment tool. (TV version 13.0). Then, about a month ago the assigning part stopped working. Just like that. After inquiring with TV staff we were told that it is well known problem and TV team is working on it and we were pointed to the page you suggested that explains inprovements in Mass Deployment.

I followed the explanation, created batch file that uses MSI installer (13.2.26558) downlowaded from our corporate Host Deployment template, then added necessary options exactly as in the manual and the following problems came up:

1. IMPORTREGFILE = 1 option cancelled whole installation. I tried to use reg file generated on Win 10 machine. Then manually installed TV on Win XP machine (our final deployment platform) and exported reg file from that machine, but it also was not accepted and installation failed.

2. Removing IMPORTREGFILE option caused installation of the host to complete but unfortunately assignment was not done. On verbose log there was absolutely no error indicating problems with assignment. Just to make sure we understand each other, I used APITOKEN, CUSTOMCONFIGID options as well as ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS for registering custom alias.

For our needs the automatic installation of the host TOGETHER with assignment is the only option.

I will appreciate your clear explanation what could be wrong and how to fix it.

Best Regards,

Jacek

• Julia

Hi @JacekK

Thank you for your post.

Are there spaces between IMPORTREGFILE the = and the 1? If yes - they have to be removed.

Your string has to look like this:

msiexec.exe /i "X:\TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn CUSTOMCONFIGID=yourID APITOKEN=yourtoken IMPORTREGFILE=1 ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--alias %COMPUTERNAME%" 

Please make sure that the spaces are correct.

Cheers,

Julia
  • Hi @Julia

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, the string to my judgement is correct. In fact I copied it here (I changed CUSTOMCONFIGID and APITOKEN from the real ones to randomly typed on the keyboard):

msiexec.exe /i "TeamViewer_Host.msi" /qn IMPORTREGFILE=1 CUSTOMCONFIGID=7djei3 APITOKEN=8302673-8sj6TT2299sdyGFTksu7 ASSIGNMENTOPTIONS="--alias %TSNO%"

The drive letter is omitted because the msiexec.exe program is invoked by running a batch file with the above command in it and the TeamViewer_Settings.reg file exists in the same directory as the batch.

As you can see the IMPORTREGFILE is the first option, does it matter?

For an alias we use a variable %TSNO% that is pre-defined earlier in the batch .

So, what could it be?

Jacek

• Hi @Julia

I can imagine you are busy, but the issue we have with inability to assign clietns is becoming a big problem for us.

Did you have a chance to see my earlier post? Do you have any clues on whan could be the problem? 

As I said at the beginning, we used to deploy hosts on our machines with mass deployment scheme and all worked fine until a couple of months ago, when assignment started to fail. That coincided with TeamViewer releasing newest version, so we changed our installation procedure from two step (program installer + assingmnet tool) to one step using msi package. This caused two issues: one, caused by applying registry file stopped whole installation; second, when excluding reg file, installed the host but was unable to assing it to the corporate account.

We will appreciate any hints or help.

Regards,

Jacek

• Hello,

I have the same problem. The file AssigmentData,json is missing.
    Support Team Viewer we need your help !

Regards,

PiotrB

• Julia

Hi @JacekK,

Did you check if port 443 is open? The assignment only works through this port during the installation.

also hi, @PiotrB

You do not need the .json file anymore - please read our new MSI article here

Cheers,

Julia
  • Hi!

We are struggeling with this same issue, ever since 13.2 came out (And yes, I have read every singel "improvement" regarding "Mass deployment" etc :)).

Currently we are deploying teamviewer through GPO, with the teamviewer_host.msi and *.reg file in the same directory. (As we always have done) Anyway, just to let you know, we solved/did a workaround on the issue with the TeamViewer.reg file not beeing applied by editing the msi with good old fashion Orca, setting both the CUSTOMCONFIGID and IMPORTREGFILE variables in the Property table. Tested and working on Win 10 Ent Build 1803 and 1809. Not happy with this, but working. Yet to get the clients to report into the managament console with only the GPO deployment and Orca workaround, without more backdoors, but will hopefully get there.

I also have a open support request to Teamviewer regarding the error and install fail when using the IMPORTREGFILE=1 option in a script, or just by cmd on local computer. Not yet got any feedback. Hopefully this will be solved soon :)

• We have exactly the same Problem. Is there any solution yet?

Kind regards.

• @MortenS wrote:

Anyway, just to let you know, we solved/did a workaround on the issue with the TeamViewer.reg file not beeing applied by editing the msi with good old fashion Orca, setting both the CUSTOMCONFIGID and IMPORTREGFILE variables in the Property table. Tested and working on Win 10 Ent Build 1803 and 1809. Not happy with this, but working. 

I find that when deploying any application that requires the application install plus additional registry settings that editing the MSI is cleaner.  However, I would suggest exporting your changes as a transform (MST) so you aren't actually changing the original MSI.  You may have done this, but it's not clear.  Just my 2 cents.

• I am having a similar issue to those stated here, though not 100%, hoping someone can help.

I downloaded the .msi and installed it with the appropriate command line properties, and it worked beautifully.  Installed the Host, and assigned to my account.

Using the same command line in an MDT Application, it installs the Host, but no assignment to my account.

I then downloaded the Customised exe and installed with only the /S switch.  Again, it installed perfectly and assigned to my account with no interaction.

Changed my MDT application to use the .exe installer, and once again it installs the application, but no assignment to my account.

* No Outgoing ports are blocked during deployment.
    * Application installed on non-domain joined workstation by Administrator

Anyone have any suggestions?