Locked up computer

Options
BillinHI
BillinHI Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

I apparently managed to lock up the computer I was connecting from by using the Exit Team Viewer opion during the session. Now that computer will not reboot after a power shutdown. The other computer tells me there is no Team Viewer running on the locked up computer so I cannot connect to it. What can I do to get the locked up computer running again?

Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,987 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @BillinHI

Thank you for your message.

You can manage the lock-up of the remote session within your TeamViewer options.

You will find all the information you need in our Knowledge Base article here: X - Closing the session (and locking the session)

I hope this could help. If not, do not hesitate to ask your questions here.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• BillinHI
    Options

Jean,

The problem is I am not in a session on the unlocked computer and cannot connect to the locked computer because TeamViewer is not running there. The locked computer does not respond to a power off with a reboot. I have even unplugged the power cord. For what it's worth, the locked computer is an Inter NUC with a solid state drive and uses a wireless keyboard/mouse. I am guessing that I shut the session down on the unlocked computer with the option to lock the remote computer. Then I must have logged on to the remote computer and shut down Team Viewer. Although now that I think about it, that doesn't seem possible.

Bill