Unable to control Teamviewer 14 QuickSupport

cirrasystems
cirrasystems Posts: 2
edited May 2023 in General questions

I have connected to this client MacBook Pro before using Teamviewer 12 QuickSupport. I sent them a link to Teamviewer 14.

I am running Teamviewer MacOS version 12 and also had to update to version 14 (the program prompted me to do so as a pre-requisite to connect to this client). Afterward, I connected and can see their screen but I can not control their computer. I could not find any setting to enable this.

I found and sent them a link to an older Teamviewer12 QS but now I can not control that either.

I tested my side by connecting to other computers running Teamviewer Host 12 and I can work those just fine so it appears that we broke this by upgrading to Teamviewer 14 QS.

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Medic
    Medic Posts: 3
    This problem seems widespread since upgrading to Mojave as well as using TeamViewer 14 latest version. The only way I have managed to fix this is by resetting the SMC and PRAM as follows:

Shut down your machine. Yes, all the way down, not sleep or logging out.
    Press the power button and then press command-option-p-r. ...
    Hold those keys down until your Mac reboots again and you here the startup chime.
    Let go of the keys and let your Mac reboot normally.

There may still at times occur that you still have no control over the remote however it may just require that the Privacy setting under Accessibility requires the tick to now still be inserted next to 'TeamViewer_Desktop'. This setting was not visible prior to the resetting of the PRAM and SMC.
    Hope this helps.

Regards Medic