Posted by yowu7446
Photon

How to make Teamviewer ask for password EACH time i want to connect to a computer?

Hello,

I have 3 PC added to my account. All computer is enabled for unattended access. But i want Teamviewer to ask for a password EACH time i connect to a machine.

Thanks

7 Replies
7 Replies
Posted by Chiron
Hexagon

Re: How to make Teamviewer ask for password EACH time i want to connect to a computer?

Options > Advanced > Scroll to Advanced settings for connections to other computers > Temporarily save connection passwords

Save Passwords.png

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
Posted by koopa
Electron

Re: How to make Teamviewer ask for password EACH time i want to connect to a computer?

Thanks for your response. 

I've tired checking and unchecking the temporary save password box, the result is the same: i click on any of my  "My Computer" on the list and it connects without asking for password.

Posted by Chiron
Hexagon

If you are connecting by clicking the device in your contact list, the password may be saved there. Open the properties for one of the contacts (not the options on the actual device) and remove the saved password.

The contact list is designed to give you quick access, but I think removing the saved password will give you the result you are looking for.

I don't work for TeamViewer. I'm just a user.
Posted by ElleJBee
Photon

Did you find the answer to this? So important for security? 

Thanks so much in advance. 

Posted by ang52
Digon

I have been searching for the same answer for nearly 2 years and the suggestions have not worked for me, unfortunately.
Teamviewer does not seem ti understand that if you are accessing your own work or home PC from a portable device eg netbook or laptop, there is a huge security risk if your device is stolen, especially if you have accessed your PC and not closed down TV - I have  cut off but if others don't there is the added risk that TV will still be logged on. But without logging off and entering a false login password as suggested before, the correct password is just sitting there allowing anyone to click and access the home/work PC.

Previous versions of TV forgot the password as default, but recent versions have this huge security risk.

Posted by ang52
Digon

I have finally cracked it - you need to do as shown in the first reply above, BUT on the device which is making the connection to the device you want to access.

It is very confusing when "computer" is used, and also "host" and "remote" device  - it is not always clear which one they are talking abaout.

Open the device you want to use to access the other one. Go to Extras/Options/Advanced and open Advanced Settings, scroll down to Advanced Settings for connection to OTHER computers and untick Temporarily Save Connection Passwords.
I think the confusion in the solutions provided before is which device  you are looking at Extras/Options etc on - for this it has to be the one you are using to connect to the other device.

Posted by ZitaoQiu
Henagon

I think the right way to do this is go to the list of your devices by clicking the contact logo, then you will see a list called "My computers" which listing all your saved devices. Click on the one you want to 'not save the password', then click the gear logo on the top right corner. Then remove the password there (just the password, don't change anything else).