Is Teamviewer displaying ads to users for their own IT support?

Just read on Reddit that users have been shown ads for ITFix24 "Connect to an IT Expert Instantly" .

As a small MSP I'd like this confirmed or denied, if its just for free licences  fair enough, but if they're doing it for Corporate licences to steal our clients that seems like a deal breaker for me.

Best Answers

Answers

• Jpate
    Jpate Posts: 2

Not seeing any ads on our stuff.  We deploy the customized host module to everyone but the IT department.

• Jpate
    Jpate Posts: 2

How are you deploying it?  The free version will show ads.  

• ylluminate
    ylluminate Posts: 9 ✭✭

This kind of behavior is both disturbing and disgusting.  The "ads" look very scammy and unprofessional.  I've had several calls about it already with people believing that they've been infected. This is very, very bad behavior and it needs to stop immediately - even for free users.

There are some of us who also use it professionally and have Easy Access enabled, but customers install it as a personal version and so this is especially problematic in these scenarios.  It's gotta stop and stop now or we just cannot use TeamViewer.

Have you even looked at the ad??? I mean, come on guys! "itfix24"?!?!?! What a totally scammy, spammy, scary name!  LOL!!!!!!!!  Don't be so foolish/blind TeamViewer!