Not receiving password reset emails

Options
kinseyj2000
kinseyj2000 Posts: 1
edited August 2023 in Account

Basic TV user logion issues not supported with Free Version?

I have been a satisfied TeamViewer user for years and very pleased with the services offered, it circumvented many potentially frustrating occasions to help parents and family with PC issues. Over the years, on the rare occasion where I needed a password reset, password reset emails were received.

I have searched the community and do not find any real solution and most posts are 2018 and older. The bottom line is I do not receive the e-mail with instructions for changing my password.

It is not in Spam, tried several times over months, like many users, I had to create a new account to post this in the community.Community posts flagged as 'Solved' are not helpful and have a misleading 'Solved' status with no actual solution.

Message on login: "Your TeamViewer account has been locked. Please use the “Forgot password” function in your client or go to https://login.teamviewer.com to initiate a password reset. To learn potential reasons why your TeamViewer account has been blocked please visit: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/password-reset"

After going through the procedure including the 'I am not a robot' and 'Select images' I get the message

"Your request has been processed. You will receive an e-mail with instructions for changing your password."

However email not received

Some users with the same issue recreated their account which resolved their issue, however, TV rightly recognises that my original email address is already registered. 

I know I am a 'free' user, but this is a basic account management issue that any organisation offering internet services should at least provide users an easy way to report and assign to a competent account administrator to check.

Please help!

And also consider making it easier for users with this issue to reach a competent TeamViewer user administrator.

I am hoping I will be contacted separately by a TV user administrator for info on my original account with this issuue who will indeed check and resolve. 

Surely I am not the only TeamViwer user with such an issue in 2019?

Many thanks

BR

J

Tagged:

Comments

• BeejS
    BeejS Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Ongoing in 2023. I am a free account user, I use it to log in to my mentally challenged brother's pc two provinces away, used it for quite some time (months) then today my password field was empty and I was logged out. I tried 'forgot password' and have not yet received an email, not in spam or anywhere else.

I ended up having to create another account under my hubby's gmail.

What is going on? Any solution to this?

• Kalidor1
    Kalidor1 Posts: 1
    Options

Having the same issue as well. I have a work email address and I cannot login or change the password. Had to use my personal email address to create a new account. Also trying to log into my account here was a mess of approving my computer as a trusted source twice and doing the I'm not a robot test at least 8 times in order to post this comment. Very ironic the hoops I had to jump through in order to post about my account not working