Same computer but 2 different IDs?

Options

Hi all, I'm having a really strange problem. For some reason my laptop has 2 different teamviewer ids. Sometimes it starts up with id 3xx xxx xxx while other times it starts up with id 6xx xxx xxx which is the one that is registered with my paid account. Didnt notice it was happening until recently when the suspected commercial usage pop up appeared. Connection method is the same everytime (office wifi) and the system is not a clone. No hardware components have been changed before so I have no idea why a 2nd id was generated. I dont suppose the quick support application (my external vendor user version 10 while i use version 11) would generate a 2nd id that messes with my settings?

I would like to get rid of the extra id to avoid confusion. 

Comments

• halverneus
    Options

I've noticed it uses the ID in /etc/teamviewer/global.conf when I open a terminal through my desktop and run /opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/TeamViewer . For reproducibility, if I "ssh localhost" in the same terminal, set (and unset) all environment variables to match the original desktop terminal and run the same command, I get a completely different TeamViewer ID. Across several computers, this is repeatable. How can I reliably (re)start TeamViewer over SSH (or in a script) in such a way that it uses the settings in global.conf?