Teamviewer - Run only (one time use)

Options

A client has asked me to have an online meeting with him, he asked me to download Teamviewer.
I haven't got Teamviewer installed. I downloaded Teamviewer and chose the "Run only - one time use" option. Is this only for non-commercial use?

My meeting with the client was in relation to a work project. Is the "Run only - one time use" option SUITABLE for that instance or not?

Thank you.

Comments

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 4,051 Former Community Manager
    Options

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your post.

Yes - using TeamViewer in this "run only" mode would work. You can also use the TeamViewer QuickJoin module when you are "only" joining this meeting. It is just an executable and does not require any installation.

You´ll find the module on our download page: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download

Thanks and best, Esther

Former Community Manager

• faiza
    faiza Posts: 1
    Options

• Mark_why_complicate
    Options

I have similar problem. I previously (years ago) used TeamViewer for personal use. However, in my job, I occasionally had to connect to a client's computer (they were paid users because TV was their choice for business). TV decided I was using my TV app for commercial use and put in restrictions, blocking me from using it for personal use, so I stopped using it. That's the back story. The new story is this. I have a new client that uses TV, so they want me to connect to their machine. I keep running into the commercial use blocking and cannot support my client on their preferred solution. Since they are paid customers of TV, how can they let me into their machine for one time use and ignore this commercial blocking? Every step in TV is so complicated and so many roadblocks, it makes me glad I stopped using it, but I need to help this client without making him install a competitor software or me buying a license for one time use.