Announcements

Would you like to co-innovate with us? If so, we’d like to invite you to become product development partners with us. Read more about it in our announcement Launch of the TeamViewer User Focus Program

Posted by bdee1
Digon

waking a sleeping iMac

I have an iMac running Mojave.   I have noticed that when the system goes to sleep after 10 minutes, it goes offline in TeamViewer console.

I have tried to enabling Wake On Lan under preferences > network > Wake for network access.

I also set up a no-ip account to point to my network using dynamic DNS.

I use an eero for my home router and I set up a port forwarding rule on my eero to redirect traffic on port 6969 to my iMac on port 6969.

In TeamViewer Preferences, I went to General > Wake-on-Lan and clicked the Configure Button.
In there I chose "Public Address" from the dropdown and entered my no-ip address in the address field (xxxx.ddns.net) and entered 6969 in the port field.

Now when my mac is asleep, I see the power button next to it in the teamviewer console, but pressing it, doesnt wake my mac.

Whats weird, is that I used to have a Mac Mini (up until last week), and It used to go to sleep and I dont recall having to jump through any of these hoops to make it available in TeamViewer.

Any help woudl be greatly appreciated!

2 Replies
2 Replies
Posted by jackklink
Digon

Re: waking a sleeping iMac

I can confirm this issue is also happening on all my macs running Mojave and did not occur prior to Mojave.
Posted by NilsG
Digon

Re: waking a sleeping iMac

Hi all ...

Nearly the same here: High Sierra and now Mojave

I'm always getting an "WaitForConnectionError"

My iMac is shown in the network-list of my fritz.box

It is also shown in TeamViewer as "online"

What's going wrong?!?

Nils