Lost IOT client

HT4
HT4 Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited April 2023 in IoT Forum

Have been interacting for days with a Beaglebone based client. Today however, it simply went gray in my inventory. Reloading IOT does not help. My local user on site is able to verify that the beagle is still on network/wifi, has even same IP address it always did. Running ...agent status shows no obvious sign of error:

● teamviewer-iot-agent.service - teamviewer-iot-agent provides remote access to your gateway.
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/teamviewer-iot-agent.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Thu 2020-06-18 19:44:04 PDT; 3 days ago
Process: 1030 ExecStart=/usr/bin/teamviewer-iot-agent -d (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 1146 (teamviewer-iot-)
Tasks: 39 (limit: 4915)
Memory: 29.7M
CPU: 25min 48.767s
CGroup: /system.slice/teamviewer-iot-agent.service
├─1146 /usr/libexec/teamviewer-iot-agent/teamviewer-iot-agent -d
├─1147 tvLaunch
└─1362 /usr/libexec/teamviewer-iot-agent/mosquitto -c /var/lib/teamviewer-iot-agent/local.conf

Any idea how it could get lost like this? And how I get it back without local intervention? Although this device has luxury of a local user to intervene, that is not the plan for other devices - cannot afford for them to simply "go dark". 

FWIW, another member of same inventory group remains on line and accessible.

Comments

• mircea_c
    mircea_c Posts: 146 Staff member 🤠

Hi @HT4 

Could you please do a reboot on this device and check if you can connect?

Yesterday it was an incident reported. You can read more on  this on the status page status.teamviewer.com 

Regards,

Mircea

Tech Support IoT

• HT4
    HT4 Posts: 5 ✭✭

Device has relocated without rebooting. My underlying question isn't whether it can be relocated after a reboot, because in normal operation a reboot isn't possible due to remote siting. If it isn't accessible by IOT inventory, then it's completely lost.

However, I do have a theory for this situation. The device went missing a day after I renamed it in the Inventory-Properties from IOT website (not immediately, so I thought there was no problem). I renamed it back to original, and it didn't immediately come back, but it did some time over night. I expect there is some kind of periodically refreshed mapping table that got out of sync when I renamed the device. I won't do that again, and hopefully it will be stable.