Two factor authentication was enabled but i've never had recovery code and i can't create new login because my e-mail is

Highlighted
Posted by luckycat
Henagon

Two factor authentication was enabled but i've never had recovery code and i can't create new login because my e-mail is

I use free Team Viewer but yesteday i got problem.

Two factor authentication was enabled but i've never had recovery code and i can't create new login because my e-mail is used.

And i can't do anything.

How i can get recovery code? My laptop is trusted device but i can't change password or login from my other laptop.

1 Reply
Posted by Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Two factor authentication was enabled but i've never had recovery code and i can't create new login because my e-mai

Hi @luckycat 

Thanks for your post.

The recovery code has been prompted to you while creating the 2FA within the Management Console.

If you are unsure whether you saved it properly, you can access the code in your Management Console via --> Edit profile --> General --> View Recovery Code. Please keep in mind: You need your security code to view the recovery code!

Please find more information here: Two factor authentication - Activation and Deactivation | Recovery code

Thanks and best,

Esther

Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others.
Find this helpful? Say thanks by clicking on the Thumbs Up button. Find more information here: Knowledge Base | Community Blog | How to get started