Announcements

Set up your personal servicecamp now: https://trial.servicecamp.com/. Or Learn more.

Highlighted
Posted by
Henagon

Requester field permanently set to "false"

In my tickets, when generated at the portal, the Requester field is set to "false," and cannot be edited. This is obviously a problem, because I need to know who submitted a ticket, and from what Organization they are sending a request from. I've created a workaround in the form of custom fields for the user to fill in, but it looks redundant, and does not allow me to sort my tickets, and it makes me have to put each ticket into its organizational box manually, which is a headache. What's going on? When I create a ticket on behalf of a customer, the rerquester field is there. Is there a setting I'm missing, or is this like the CC field issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Posted by
Henagon
Solution

Re: Requester field permanently set to "false"

I figured out the problem. If a user is signed in with a TeamViewer account, it automatically assigns the ticket a Requester name based on the signed in user. I would still like to see some kind of auto-fill, where that information is just pre-populated, instead of just set to 'false,' as, if that confused me, then I think everyone here can see how that would thoroughly confuse a customer.

EDIT: On signing out and back in, the Requester field is no longer set to false. It says my name, just as I thought it should. Disregard, entirely. This was an isolated glitch.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Posted by
Henagon
Solution

Re: Requester field permanently set to "false"

I figured out the problem. If a user is signed in with a TeamViewer account, it automatically assigns the ticket a Requester name based on the signed in user. I would still like to see some kind of auto-fill, where that information is just pre-populated, instead of just set to 'false,' as, if that confused me, then I think everyone here can see how that would thoroughly confuse a customer.

EDIT: On signing out and back in, the Requester field is no longer set to false. It says my name, just as I thought it should. Disregard, entirely. This was an isolated glitch.

View solution in original post