PC auto update seems to have broken connecting to Droid & Droid update web link says APK corrupted.

Options

TeamViewer on my Windows PC's automatically updated earlier today to 15.10.5 (Sep 17 2020 11:11:14.)  Since then, I have been unable to successfully bring up my android phone, which is something I do for 12+ hours a day for several months.  (Running a phone-only game on my PC.)

I installed TeamViewer on a new PC, and had the same result.

When I click Connect on my PC, my droid asks if it should "Allow remote support", and I click "Allow".  The PC shows "Connecting to [ID]..." in a horizontal orientation, then properly rotates to show it vertical.  It never goes beyond that connecting screen.

The TeamViewer Quicksupport droid app says it's version 15.9.128 QS.  Not sure if it matters, but the TeamViewer droid app (non Quicksupport) says version 15.8.115 CL.  Neither app has an update in Google Play.  I'm assuming the new update on the PC can't connect to older clients, but maybe I'm wrong.

Thinking Google Play may just be delayed, I tried upgrading the droid app from https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/download/android/ - but the TeamViewer QuickSupport "Download here" button just pulls up Google Play which has no update, and the "TeamViewer QuickSupport (APK Download)" starts installation, but then fails saying: "App not installed" and "The package appears to be corrupt".

Each time I download the QS APK, it has an md5sum of d0987d840bbcd71a53faeca55b47c89c.  Even if I download it on my PC, to rule out my droid causing corruption.

Tagged: