Not able to use a free private account after logging in with a PAID account on the same PC

Options

Hello All,

I am a newbie to this forum. To start with, has anybody noticed how difficult it is to raise a support call with TeamViewer without having to call the 9.00 to 5.00 support line? Does an online portal / chat exist at all? All links for help / raise a ticket send you round a continuous loop to the community forum. This is really annoying!

Anyways, I have a private free account (for home) and have been using this for years. I have used this to remote to my home PC from anywhere (travelling) but also to help my old folks out when they are stuck with technical challenges on their home PC. Recently my work organisation has started to use TeamViewer as a paid for service (which also includes QuickSupport). Works really well as a remote solution. I think its the best out there.

I work in a technical team within my organisation and they have assigned me a TeamViewer Support account for my company. I have since used my new user account (for business) on my home Windows PC. When I have logged out and tried to use my personal account I am now getting the the alert "Business Use Detected".

My Environment
- Windows 10 PC (v.2004)
- TeamViewer 15.10.5
- Licenses : Free (for Home) / Premium 1 Channel (for Business)
- Unattended remote has been configured and only used exclusively as follows
*Free / Private account : for private home and family ONLY
*Premium account : for corporate onto selected PCs within our internal network and also for QS to our organisation users

Questions
- Does this mean that once I have logged onto a personal PC with a business account, I can never go back to personal account
- How do I get my PC to forget I ever used a corporate paid license. Its a personal computer and I need it for personal use
- Does this "detection" therefore mean that my activity logs are mixed regardless of how many accounts or profiles I log into TeamViewer with?
- Will I ever be able to use my free TeamViewer account or is it now black listed?
- Lastly, could I please have a link so that I can raise a request / support ticket with TeamViewer. 

Thank you all for your assistance.

Kind Regards, CKapasa

CKapasa
Tagged:

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,990 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @CKapasa

Thank you for your message and welcome to the TeamViewer Community! ?

TeamViewer does not support double use (private and corporate use).

This means, if on a device "X" you are using your commercial license, it will be flagged as such in our database. Therefore, if you are using your free account on this ID, your free account will also be flagged as being a professional use.

There is, unfortunately, no way to prevent this.

The only solution is to use your free account only on devices where you do not log in with your commercial license.

I thank you in advance for your understanding.

Cheers,

Jean

Community Manager

• CKapasa
    CKapasa Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Hello @JeanK,

Thank you for your response. I guess the damage is now done. Do you have any advice on my other questions regarding how I can undo this without having to purchace a new PC? ;-)
    Do I have to uninstall / re-install TeamViewer? Do I have to delete certain AppData? Do I have to delete a particular registry file / entry? or do I have to just purchase a new computer?

Sorry for the synical questions above but hope you can help.

Thanks, CKapasa 

CKapasa
  • JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,990 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @CKapasa

Don't worry - this cynical question is totally legit.

You can reset the TeamViewer ID of your private computer that has been flagged to private use here: https://www.teamviewer.com/reset 

Once you are reset, make sure not using your commercial license your private device again. ?

No need to purchase a new computer...?

Best regards

Jean

Community Manager