Log on as admin - UAC - not working

Hi,

I have troubles logging on as admin.

Remote user on Win10 up to date (2004), downloads and starts TV (Run only - one time use), version 15.10.5 NI (not sure what NI means, downloaded today). They enable Windows logon in Extras, Options, Security, Windows logon - allow for all users.

I am also using Win10, I start my installed Teamviewer - v15.10.5 - as an administrator with right click, run as admin. I connect to the remote machine using the partner id. When password window pops up, I open Advanced and change to Windows authentication and provide the remote machine's administrative username and password, click login. I get to the remote desktop immediately.

This was performed on a new test remote machine (vm) because I had this problem with a remote client very far away so I could observe the remote client this time. I observe no restart of Teamviewer on remote machine and I don't appear to be admin on the remote machine, if I do anything interesting I get the frozen black screen on my local machine ("Your partner's desktop is no longer accessible") and the password prompt on the remote machine.

So apparently running TV as an administrator doesn't happen, I'm not sure for what reason. The remote user doesn't know the admin password, obviously.

Tagged:

Comments

• Not sure if this is still an issue for you, I had the same problem. Ask the user to download TeamViewer Quicksupport, for some reason this does give you UAC visibility, whereas the straight teamviewer application does not, even though they look identical.

• dougrager
    dougrager Posts: 3 ✭✭

Downloading TeamViewer QuickSupport did not solve this problem for me. Any other ideas?