Help please

I need to help a friend they have quicksupport 12 What app do I need and that is compatible with a MacBook Air 

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Craigk
    Craigk Posts: 14

I currently have teamviewer 15.11.6 on my macbook air and the device I am trying to connect to is a android box.Currently have a free license but it won't connect.Any help is appreicated.

Screen Shot 2020-10-31 at 1.12.10 PM.pngimage1.jpegimage2.jpegScreen Shot 2020-10-31 at 1.01.58 PM.png

• Craigk

46 views no responses serious!

• Hello, as a rule of thumb, to connect to a remote host with v12, you will also need to use a v12 client unless you have a commercial license, of-course. So to quickly answer your question, you need a TeamViewer v12.0.258820 for macOS which you can find here: https://download.teamviewer.com/download/version_12x/TeamViewer.dmg

The problem is you didn't mention what version of macOS installed on your MacBook Air, neither which OS your friend has, thus this lack of replies. You see, Teamviewer 12 is relatively old and could be incompatible with newer OS versions. Unless both of your computers are old, updating TeamViewer to v15 on both ends is strongly suggested.

• Craigk

665E6A92-D40E-4E6F-9553-1CE6F03B23EB.jpeg

14050D8C-130D-4163-95EC-FB9A17662CDD.jpeg

7C386133-7DED-4158-8023-1B415005B81B.jpeg

• Craigk

post Help please - TeamViewer Community.png

• Craigk

Now the Mac’s OS was updated it did have Mountain lion on it before 

• TeamViewer v12.0.258820 should work fine on your MacOS 10.13.6.

However, QuickSupport and QuickSupport Add-on version differences on another side could be a problem. Nevertheless, this shouldn't stop you from updating your MacOS Teamviewer client to v12.0.258820 and trying out.

• Craigk

Ok so I downloaded that version should I log back in thou post 2 Help please - TeamViewer Community.png

post 3 Help please - TeamViewer Community.png

• That's funny. For the pure experiment, I've tried to establish a connection between two different machines using TeamViewer v12 with the free licenses on both sides. Guess what? It doesn't work anymore, lol.
    It must be the company's new policy to shove down commercial license into our throats to be able to connect with their legacy software.

If your remote host with Android doesn't support latest QuickSupport (v15) - in this situation, not much could be done other than buying yourself a license, I'm afraid.

• Craigk

Ok so it will only be me using this software and helping people with computers and android box’s and should I update teamviewer to the latest version version when I do buy a license 

5D92ED09-FBF3-43E6-9C37-2471B06015E5.png

Would this license be suitable ? And is payments monthly or yearly ?

• Craigk

Thanks

• Craigk

So I was just messing around with teamviewer on my Mac and quicksupport on my iPhone.Connected not a problem shows my iPhone and was able to open things and move around.So why won’t this work for the android box ?

• Again the lack of crucial details. Like what versions of TeamViewer are in use on both ends this time? On your macOS and iOS. Also, have you activated commercial trial or still using Free license?

• Craigk

Nevermind got it thanks for the help.All I Did was have to log into the google play store on my android box and update it.

Macbook air 

High Sierra 10.13.6

teamviewer 15.11.6

android box

quicksupport 15.11.152 updates from google play

quicksupport add-on 10.0.3086 

• Craigk

My last question is when I open up teamviewer and log into my android box I don't see my cursor on the android box only on my macbook teamviewer.Is there a way to have it appear on the android box ?

• As for mouse cursor, see this thread. If nothing changed since that time, then it's not possible.