Recent Changes??

Options
LeeSteel
LeeSteel Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited January 2021 in General questions

All of a sudden, I can no longer automatically log into remote machines without someone at the other end giving me permission and then also granting me "control"? This is not working the way I need it to.

What has changed and how do I fix it?

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,990 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

Hello @LeeSteel,

It is still possible to connect without confirmation of the end user.

To connect via unattended access, please refer to our article :

Community Manager

• LeeSteel
    Options

You are missing my point. I know how this software works. I have over 100 devices that I manage on a daily basis. They have all been set up with a custom host installation. I included myself as having granted access. I set an unattended access password and I disable the random password.

After the most recent update, maybe on Monday or Tuesday 1/4-5/21, everything changed. Where I used to have immediate access, now my access must be approved at the other end. Even after that happens, I can't use the mouse until someone at the other end agrees to grant my control.

This is not going to work for me.

• LeeSteel
    Options

My current version is 15.13.6 (Preview)

Not sure why.

• LeeSteel
    Options

I have dropped back to 15.8.3 and am still seeing the same behavior. There must be some problem with the remote hosts.

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,990 Community Manager 🌍
    Options

@LeeSteel I suggest you to open a support ticket, so our engineers can have a closer look at this issue :

Community Manager