Start Windows with TeamViewer - unattended access

Options

Hi,

I'm having problems with the option 'start windows with TeamViewer'.

Is it posible that after the last update, if this option was selected, the update will cause to reset this option to default (do not start with windows) ?

I've seen this to many times that I dont know if I forgot to check the option or something that I am not aware is happening ! Has someone encountered the same problem ?

Is it related to this maybe...

I am trying to solve this without the need to go physically to the machine..

If someone could guide me please.. thanks !

Comments

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,990 Community Manager 🌍
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hello @Adri_Carrillo,

An update should not reset the options set within the TeamViewer client.

Did the device go offline? What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Community Manager

• Adri_Carrillo
    Adri_Carrillo Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

Hi,

I have to monitor a hundred of computers and verify that they work correctly. I can achieve this by connecting to them but sometimes I can not do that because the computers are offline !

The problems is... I know that they are connected to internet. Two times a day there is a reboot scheduled and when this happen teamviewer do not start as normal, that is what I think is happening..

To solve this I have to go there (100km) and launch manually teamviewer, and while doing this I have constate that the option 'start windows with TeamViewer' is not checked..

• JeanK
    Options

Hello @Adri_Carrillo,

it is indeed an unfortunate situation.

There are multiple reasons why a computer loses the connection to our master server:

• The software crashes
    • The computer crashes
    • The internet connection is unstable and fails to reconnect
    • An enabled energy-saving setting is "strong" enough to cut TeamViewer's access to the internet

I hope you will be able to investigate the issue.

Community Manager

• Adri_Carrillo
    Adri_Carrillo Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options

Hey,

We continue to see this strange behaviour with our machines. The pc is connected to internet but we cant remote connect with TeamViewer..

The last time we went to check the pc was 05/03 and today we lost the access from nowhere..

I would like to investigate this, here is some info:

The pc is connected with (DEVOLO) CPL 1200 to acces internet

Maybe there is some logs that I can consult ? I didn't find anything in the event viewer..

Thanks,

• JeanK
    Options

Hello @Adri_Carrillo,

Our engineers can investigate the logs.

Please open a ticket and attach the logs to it. Our customer support will be happy to help.

Community Manager