Do I need to upgrade my purchased license, with each Team Viewer version release?

Hi there,

Greetings.

Team Viewer releases new versions pretty frequently. Let's say, I have purchased a license for version 14 and the next version comes out, do I need to install a new TV desktop app uninstalling the existing one, and will my previously purchased license will continue to work with the new version?

Also, what are the team viewer's technical support phone number (for North America) and email address?

Regards,

Asif Choudhury

Minesense Technology Ltd.

Vancouver, Canada

Answers

• JoshP
    JoshP Posts: 896 Senior Moderator

Hello @achoudhury

Thanks for your post.

If you had purchased a perpetual license for a previous version of TeamViewer in the past, it would only be good for that version - if you purchased a perpetual license for version 14 when it came out you would not be able to update to 15 or any later version.

With a perpetual license, in situations where a client or device was already updated to a later version, you could send them a custom QuickSupport module, which they only need to close their installed TeamViewer in order for you to connect through your own module.

As we are subscription-only now, the annual renewal ensures you are always able to update to the very latest version. You would be able to update directly from within the app without any uninstalling or other steps.

Regarding support numbers and other contact, you can find the support numbers for North & South America here:

While there is no direct email address you may use to reach out to TeamViewer support, licensed users are able to submit tickets directly using instructions found here:

Josh P.

Senior Community Moderator

---

• achoudhury
    achoudhury Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi Josh,

Wondering, we have a TV12 license. Wondering how do I know whether it is a perpetual license?

Regards,

Asif