User can't connect to remote computers - Authentication error

Under our Corporate license, I've set up a team member as a User with their own login and password to TeamViewer. I've also assigned the group of computers that we have as a Share and given her Full Control. All of those computers appear in the list of Computers that she can see. She signs on using the email address and password that I've set up for her. When she double-clicks on one of those computers, this panel appears.

If we enter her password the panel just re-displays. If we enter my password (thought I'd try it) the panel just re-displays. She cannot connect to any of our computers and take control of them because of this error. Very frustrating. This is of course why we bought a Corporate License... I've reset her password, and made sure the permissions are correct. I need help. Can anyone help please? We are using TeamViewer 15.16.8

Answers

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

Hello @BobCrowley,

There are two main types of passwords that need to be distinguished.

The TeamViewer account password

This password is used to access your TeamViewer account. You will find all the information you need regarding this topic in our Knowledge Base article here: What is a TeamViewer Account?

The TeamViewer device password for unattended access

This fixed password is asked when you connect to a device. The password has to be saved in the TeamViewer options on the remote computer. You will find all the information you need regarding this topic in our Knowledge Base article here: Password for unattended access

📌Please note that the unattended password option is now available in the Advanced menu within the Teamviewer options.

What you are trying to enter (according to your screenshot) is the unattended password for the remote device.

Please find more information about the passwords here:

Community Manager

• BobCrowley
    BobCrowley Posts: 1

OK, thanks. When I connect to the computer in question, it doesn't ask for a password for that computer. When my colleague connects to that same computer, it does ask for the password. Why? How do I stop it asking for this password?

• JeanK
    JeanK Posts: 6,984 Community Manager 🌍

@BobCrowley

It doesn't ask you a password because the Easy Access seems to be enabled with your account.

If you also want your colleague to connect without password (like you), I recommend you:

1) On your colleagues account, deleting the shared group where the computer in question is located.

2) Sharing the group with full control as a setting.

This will transfer the Easy Access to your colleague as well and he will be able to connect without any password.

Community Manager