teamviewer.com link icon
or
Ask The Community

Do you want to enjoy the new TeamViewer user interface for Windows?

Download the new version and let us know what you think about it! 👉 Please click here 👈

RDP black screen when using via Teamviewer session

Narbeh
Narbeh Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited April 21 in General Questions

Hi,

I'm using teamviewer 15.16.8 version to connect to a remote computer. from there I need to RDP to servers in the network. when I connect the Remote Desktop connection, session logs in but I only see a black screen.

If I go to the remote computer physically, I see the remote desktop connection is connected and I see the server desktop just fine. how ever Teamviewer session shows me a black screen instead.

anything else via teamviewer works one (i can see the desktop on remote host and can browse file/folder, etc.)

PS.

I'm connecting from Windows10 device to a remote compuer (also windows 10 laptops). then from there I connect RDP to internal servers which are 2012, 2016 and 2019. all have the same issues.

Answers

• Esther
    Esther Posts: 3,978 Community Manager 🌍

Hi Narbeh,

are you connecting to the Server ID or to the User ID?

See:

Thanks, Esther

Community Manager
  • Narbeh
    Narbeh Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited April 22

Hi Esther,

I only see one ID which i guess is the UserID. (I have windows10 machine so there is no server-id. i'm connecting from WIndows10 to another Windows10 device sitting in a datacenter. )

i have set up the teamviewer on windows10 as unattended access to connect to it.

in teamviewer --> About , i only see teamviewer ID.

• Vlastimil
    Vlastimil Posts: 1

Hi,

I don't know if this is the same issue, sorry for bothering you if is not, but I had recently a similar issue - when trying to connect to my notebook in work via teamviewer. I did connect successfully, but when I was trying to connect to server via remote desktop, all I saw was a black screen. The reason was that my notebook in work was simply closed. When I opened it, everything looked fine.

• AykutUcar
    AykutUcar Posts: 1 Newbie

Opening the lid solved the issue for me too. Thanks!